• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for original Colt Sp-1 firing pin

Pipeandwire

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2023
Illinois
Hey guys,
i have an original Colt Sp-1 bcg that I’m looking to replace the firing fin. I would prefer a factory colt one if it’s still available but I can’t seem to find the actual part number to search for. I’ve tried Numrich’s and a bunch of others but can’t seem to find one that specifically says I it’s fits the Sp-1.
any help appreciated.
thanks
IMG_8650.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw that listing as well earlier, was hoping for a definitive part number. The sp-1 bolt was used in the Sporter, not sure if the sporter was called a m16

I saw that listing as well earlier, was hoping for a definitive part number. The sp-1 bolt was used in the Sporter, not sure if the sporter was called a m16
SP63039 Colt hasn't manufactured them in years.

. . . disregarding any tolerance stacking issues, they should still interchange and function properly, correct?

No. The OP is looking for the Colt firing pin that was made to work with the Colt "shaved" bolt carrier. Standard firing pins can cause malfunctions with the Colt shaved carrier. The firing pin that the OP is looking for has a smaller "flange" than the standard firing pin. The flange on the standard pin has a diameter of ~0.375" while the diameter of the "SP1" firing pin is ~0.340".

OP, your best bet to find that part is probably going to be Specialized Armament Warehouse.

colt_firing_pin_comparison_001-2956450.jpg

Actually i was able to acquire 4 sp-1 bolts. As soon as i clean off the work bench, im going to out them in the ultrasonic cleaner and put a mic on the pin and at least know the exact measurements of the one im looking for.