• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for pack

EricF517

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Howell, Michigan
I cannot remember where I was looking a while back when I ran across a pack that I cannot find again. I am looking for it this time for my sister-in-law because she is headed to Haitti with a group of doctors from her hospital. She has been told that they will be required to be self sufficient for at least 4 days at a time. She is worried about water the most. I remember that I ran across a pack that had 3-100oz bladder pockets and big enough to carry her needed equipment. Open to ideas guys. Price is not a boundry.

Re: Looking for pack

you can do almost any pack. Kifaru, Eberlestock, SOTech, Tactical Tailor, etc. Tactical tailor makes molle hydration that you can put on the exterior. Again weight...300oz (18.75lb) or water plus the pack, plus, plus, plus.

Can get big VERY quick

Ounces becomes pounds and pounds become pain.

Joke aside...Eberlestock might be having a "fire sale" and you might be able to pick one up on the cheap. It might smell of smoke...they do make some good product.

just go to REI or any other good sporting goods store and get her a regular hiking/camping pack. Why try to make her tacticool, especially in that environment? Water? go to Walmart and get a bunch of water bottles. Sorry if that is the politically incorrect answer.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just go to REI or any other good sporting goods store and get her a regular hiking/camping pack. Why try to make her tacticool, especially in that environment? </div></div>

What other pack besides tactical will carry 3 100oz bladders?

I don't know of too many women who will be carrying 3x100oz water bladders. She is going to be with medical teams and won't have access to water.....right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just go to REI or any other good sporting goods store and get her a regular hiking/camping pack. Why try to make her tacticool, especially in that environment? Water? go to Walmart and get a bunch of water bottles. Sorry if that is the politically incorrect answer.
smile.gif
</div></div>

I agree you want to be invisible there.

"What other pack besides tactical will carry 3 100oz bladders?"

Mystery Ranch packs hold 3+ bladders,100oz's too.
My LEAP packs hold 2 100oz between frame and pack.
Another 2 could easily go into the top bi pocket lid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know of too many women who will be carrying 3x100oz water bladders. She is going to be with medical teams and won't have access to water.....right. </div></div>

Agreed, just went to the origional question. A hiking pack with a couple of nalgene and perhaps a water purification.

There you go, a water purification pump and tablets...now those would be a good idea. Get a cheap pack and a water pump with the savings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAMCIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Mystery Ranch packs hold 3+ bladders,100oz's too.
My LEAP packs hold 2 100oz between frame and pack.
Another 2 could easily go into the top bi pocket lid. </div></div>

Mystery Ranch is "quasi" military.

LEAP I am not aware of. ArcTeryx LEAF?

Thanks guys. As far as her carrying them around, she is not going to hike the country. It will be short moves from place to place, hospital to hospital. Reason for the bladders concealed is that she does not want people to know how much she is packing around with her.

Scooter as far as her "team" she is going with she will be the most street smart out of the ones going. Not to be a dick but they are all flaming morons when it comes to street smarts.

As far as water purification she is already all set up with the help of my brother's and my camping/hiking supplies. Reason for the extra bladders is that she was told not to expect much access to water to even be purified.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAMCIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

LEAP I am not aware of. ArcTeryx LEAF? </div></div>

Mystery Ranch is NOT quasi tactical, check before you answer.
They do offer some military type packs.
Dana Gleason has made packs for backpackers for 30 years.
aka Terraplane a well known backpack,by his now sold company Dana Design.

LEAP system packs were sold 3-4 years ago,bomb proof. For runner to the NICE system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAMCIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAMCIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

LEAP I am not aware of. ArcTeryx LEAF? </div></div>

Mystery Ranch is NOT quasi tactical, check before you answer.
They do offer some military type packs.
Dana Gleason has made packs for backpackers for 30 years.
aka Terraplane a well known backpack,by his now sold company Dana Design.

LEAP system packs were sold 3-4 years ago,bomb proof. For runner to the NICE system. </div></div>

Did "check before" I answered. and I am aware of Mystery Ranch

Mystery Ranch
Mt...their Military versions
Bh...their Hunting versions they blur the line...
Ft...Fire and trail very specific.
Ra....Recreation

3 of their 4 are military or have a military-esque flavor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just go to REI or any other good sporting goods store and get her a regular hiking/camping pack. Why try to make her tacticool, especially in that environment? </div></div>

What other pack besides tactical will carry 3 100oz bladders? </div></div>

Any number of hiking packs.

I would focus on weight.

Check out GoLite. They make great stuff. When I hike (sans hunting), I tae as light a stuff as I can. I get out on the trail with everything I need for 2-3 days in about 13 lbs (food, fuel and water). My from the skin out weight (everything I carry and wear) is still below 20 lbs).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I hike (sans hunting), I tae as light a stuff as I can. I get out on the trail with everything I need for 2-3 days in about 13 lbs (food, fuel and water). My from the skin out weight (everything I carry and wear) is still below 20 lbs). </div></div>
That's because you pack smart and realize that if you "needed" every creature comfort, you would just stay home and never go out in the damned woods
laugh.gif