• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Looking for place to take my 6 & 8yr olds near DFW

an1913t

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2007
DFW
Hi All,

I've been buried at work for many, many months and rarely go hunting. I do more target shooting, and even then not as often as I would like given my work schedule.

That said, my 8 yr old daughter and 6 yr old son have been asking (read that as begging) me to take them hunting for the last several months (they've been spending to much time looking at my NRA American Hunter magazine). Well, I just had a the due date for a major project at work get moved to August of next year, so I actually have some time to take the kids hunting.

Is there any place within a couple hours of Dallas to take the kids that offers good hunting (hog, deer, ???) for a day or couple of day hunt? I'm not looking for trophy animals, just the opportunity for both kids to actually see something.

Thanks in advance.