• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for quality 77 grain ammo, in bulk.

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
I have not bought any commercially loaded ammo in bulk in quite awhile. But I am now thinking about maybe buying 1K of quality, brass cased 77 grain stuff just to put back.

Curious if anyone knows of any deals on what I am looking for, or maybe someone I should talk to. I know my 7 twist guns shoot the 77 grain SMK pretty well, so I am leaning toward something loaded with that.

But I am also interested in maybe trying something in 75 grain. I used to hear people talking positively all the time about 75gr Hornady Tap, I think it was. Is that considered a good option for precision and HD type uses?

Seems like I had some at one point and it was a blackened case, cant recall if it was brass or not.

Just curious where someone looking for value should head when it comes to quality 5.56 heavies in bulk. Thanks.

Re: Looking for quality 77 grain ammo, in bulk.

I haven't found a lot of good offerings in 77gr. One option is the Federal Gold Medal. In 75gr, the choices open up quite a bit. Black Hills has some good stuff, and Hornady has the TAP you mentioned as well as a Superformance load.

Southwest Ammunition are great guys to deal with and they are now offering bulk buys every now and again. Just ordered a few hundred of their 190gr. SMK in 300WM. I'm a big fan of their 77SMK 5.56 in their "run and gun" section. I shot 5, 5 round groups right at an inch with that stuff.

Another vote for Southwest!

They offer a couple different flavors of 77gr ammo depending on your wants/needs in both the Run 'n Gun and Match varieties priced between around $300 to $350 per 500 rounds.

I tried the SW 77 grain. It did not shoot nearly as well in my rifles as the 77 grain FGMM. Luckily I only bought one case of it. I have switched back to the FGMM. I have been buying it from Palmetto state.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried the SW 77 grain. It did not shoot nearly as well in my rifles as the 77 grain FGMM. Luckily I only bought one case of it. I have switched back to the FGMM. I have been buying it from Palmetto state.</div></div>Are you running an sr-15?

I looked around pretty hard,and almost pulled the trigger. But then decided to just buy 1000 77 grain SMK's. Just going to load it myself and get top quality and a good price.

Next time I buy I'm going to try southwest. Have heard god stuff.

I have tried them all and the southwest gave me the best results next to ASYM and Black Hills. However if I was going to bulk up on 77grn ammo I prefer the Black hills as it is ready for the field.(Primer sealed, bullet crimped/sealed,etc)

Tactical ammunition has some 75 grain match which shoots well for me. If you buy 1k or more it's under 50 cents a round

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TF160 Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try this site.

http://ammoseek.com/

It is very representative of what is available </div></div>

Thanks, good site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have tried them all and the southwest gave me the best results next to ASYM and Black Hills. However if I was going to bulk up on 77grn ammo I prefer the Black hills as it is ready for the field.(Primer sealed, bullet crimped/sealed,etc)</div></div> If I could afford the $375,000 machine I would do the same thing. I can however buy the wcc or LC brass with the sealant on them. Just shoot me an email or phone call and we will make it happen. And we can still do it under the bh price.

Zach

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWammo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried the SW 77 grain. It did not shoot nearly as well in my rifles as the 77 grain FGMM. Luckily I only bought one case of it. I have switched back to the FGMM. I have been buying it from Palmetto state.</div></div>Are you running an sr-15? </div></div>
Yes I am.