• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for ranges around Bay City (SW of Houston)

Rust

Couldn't think of anything clever
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2001
Florida
It looks as if I'll be spending a LOT of time out around Bay City, Texas this year and having weekends off pretty much.

So any 500+ yard ranges within 150 miles? Any 1,000 yard ranges in the area?

Re: Looking for ranges around Bay City (SW of Houston)

There is 1000000000000 acres of farmland around there too that you may be able to use if you get to know the right folks

Bayou Rifles is the closest, but it is a club and you would have to join- $150/yr i think. Then you have to be checked out to shoot at the longer ranges- 500-1000yrds. No 338LM or larger calibers.

American shooting center has a 500yrdish range on the west side of town. $12 to shoot there.

Bayou has 100 up to 1000 yds,if you dont want to join you can still compete at the matches. first sunday of every month is the 1k match.$20 to shoot for non members.They have 300-600 yd matches aswell just dont know what weeks they are.
American shooting centers has 100-600 yds of rifle range.you must qualify at 300 yds to shoot 400 and 600 yds.600 yds we shoot at steel targets,you can bring your own steel or uses the ones hanging there already.No steel at bayou range.

Rust,

You shouldn't have a hard time qualifying. Let me know if you need a reference.

DocB