• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for recommendations on a 1" rimfire scope.

whatsupdoc

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Dec 12, 2017
    Looking for a scope for my CZ452 Grand final. The rifle is used as a range toy nothing else.
    It comes with engraved 1" scope rings so I want to keep it in its original config.

I need a 1" tube scope with adjustable parallax and exposed turrets so I can dial from 25 yards to 100 yards, dont care
    mil or moa. I guess I could use a fixed power scope but would prefer a variable of at least 16x and of decent quality.

Suggestions?

Looking for a scope for my CZ452 Grand final. The rifle is used as a range toy nothing else.
    It comes with engraved 1" scope rings so I want to keep it in its original config.

I need a 1" tube scope with adjustable parallax and exposed turrets so I can dial from 25 yards to 100 yards, dont care
    mil or moa. I guess I could use a fixed power scope but would prefer a variable of at least 16x and of decent quality.

Suggestions?
    This would be the best option. But they're hard to find, as they don't make them anymore... I've had one for 15 years, and it's been a phenomenal scope. This was built back when Zeiss was making and shipping ALL the parts (including the glass) in Germany, and shipping them to the USA to have it all assembled. These scopes have phenomenal glass and quality.

If you're wanting something brand new... This would be a good one...

Reactions: whatsupdoc
    It gets a little tricky for 1 inch tubes.

I would look at Clear Ridge optics. Their XP line is all 1 inch with tall turrets. Made in Japan too I believe.

Another option is the Leupold VX-3HD CDS rifle scope.

Others may chime in with more, but a lot that come to mind are discontinued now.

Bit of a thread necro, but it popped up in my feed…. What’s your budget?

I’ve been very happy with my Swarovski Z5 with a 1” tube for my lightweight hunting rig; probably gonna get another and swap this one onto one of my .22LRs. Overkill for a .22, but damn nice glass, and light! Around $1300-$1500 depending on what model you prefer.

Got mine on sale from Eurooptic, but think there are few vendors on here who carry them.

i-WKpqp26.jpg

Suggestions?
    Tract Tekoa 4-16x44 SFP BDC reticle side focus parallax with tall turret kit with zero stop and sunshade. $560 regular price or around $475 with 15% off LE/Military discount. Japan made with German Schott glass with a lifetime warranty.

I skipped all the 1 inch Japan made Tract Toric 3-15x models with German Schott glass due to the cheaper Tekoa mentioned above is a far better deal based on price for what you actually get.

Meopta Optika 5 4-20x50 illuminated Z Plus SFP reticle side focus parallax $475 or less negotiable through Scopelist make offer maybe start at $375. Made in Czech republic but some believe Meoptas are actually made in China contrary to what Meopta USA will tell you. There's no zero stop on this one. Lifetime warranty.

Hawke Frontier 4-20x44 illuminated MRAD zero stop 20x SFP reticle calibration side focus parallax $499.99 current Cameraland sale price and they went as low as $399.99 earlier this year call Doug to negotiate a better price offer. This one's a hidden gem and also includes very useful very good quality extras. Made in China. Lifetime warranty. If you find them cheaper than $399.99 elsewhere from a reputable source then just buy it.

I agree with the Burris Signature HDs but only if you find the illuminated E3 3-15x side focus parallax with zero stop on sale for $349.99 from places such as Sportsman's. Made in China. Lifetime warranty.

If you're a Vortex fan and prefer their Chinese made scopes with old fashioned style front focus AO the Crossfire 2 6-18x40 AO SFP BDC for $150-$180 without a zero stop and no illumination is your next cheapest option compared to the Athlon Neos and Talos. Best Lifetime warranty in the business.

If you don't care about warranty or customer service or zero customer support and can find a used Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 front focus AO mildot possibly for less than $300 or a Weaver V16 4-16x42 or V24 6-24x42 both with front focus AO for under $200 V16 plex and under $300 V24 mildot they are very nice Japan made scopes with 1 inch tubes without zero stops but are excellent reliable dialers. Even the old Japan made Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x50 front focus AO Duplex no zero stop are excellent for dialing.

Dang forgot Mueller 4-16x50 1 inch tactical illuminated mildot front focus AO found on sale for around $200 is another decent scope but keep your original sales receipt since they require proof of purchase from the original purchaser in order to even honor their own lifetime warranty. Made in China.

If your budget allows, the $799 Leupold VX3 HD EFR 6.5-20x40 AO is a very nice scope as well. Probably get a discount using the easily obtainable 10% coupon code through Optics Planet or 13% off regular priced optics from Sport Optics. No zero stop. USA made with their lifetime warranty. Maybe you could even find a used one with a custom reticle installed for $500 or less.

There's also the Athlon Talos and Neos which are better than average and often found very cheap on sale if you look around online. They're kind of look like Bushnells on the outside but have way better quality and with an unquestionably superior lifetime warranty and customer service and support compared to Bushnell. Made in China.

I wouldn't recommend the 16x SWFA SS fixed power scope due to it's below average optical clarity. Better off sticking with their 10x preferred or maybe 12x version max. But it shouldn't matter since they're all 30mm not the 1 inch you want anyway.

Forgot to add another if questionable warranty practices or very poor customer service or support doesn't matter to you, the Bushnell TAC Optics 5-15x40 AO mildot made in Japan or old Philippines made Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 AO mildot are fantastic for around $200 or maybe even less. None of these have zero stops. The Japan made Bushnell TAC Optics 5-15x40 AO Mildot might be still available new for around $250 if you do a thorough search.

Last edited:
    Shit! G L O S S scope man, to match that nice blued steel. Not an expert on those older gloss / glossy scopes, but Leica, Schmidt & Bender, Leupold, and I’m sure more have offered that finish.

Nice gun!