• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for recommendations on high quality building surveillance cameras

c1steve

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2010
WA
What is there in the way of surveillance cameras that produce excellent images? The TPZ feature is not necessary, but I would like truly excellent images. Also, I am hoping to not use IP cameras. I would like to use a standard DVR if possible.

I am looking for images taken at night as well as daytime. Any recommended suppliers for high quality equipment?

-Steve

I have been doing some online research, and have found that IP cameras can be used with recorders similar to DVR, and these are called NVR recorders. This is the route I will probably take, but know little about the available brands and models.

Last edited:
Actually I am thinking about exterior security cameras, domed or in a fixed housing. I have purchased some good quality Bosch cameras before, but I know little about what else is out there.

The only issue I have with IP cameras as that a computer has to be running. I am hoping to be able to set up a system that will run without needing human help for weeks or longer at a time. Therefore I am thinking that a DVR system would be best.

I found one brand, OrionImages.com. They look excellent, but there are probably many others.

s

Last edited:
Well go to B & H.com I don't know much about camera systems but I know these guys sell a lot of high end stuff and a call to them might be able to help you out.

I am looking to buy 2 systems like this also with 1 being soon and the second being in the next year.

Last edited:
Well go to B & H.com I don't know much about camera systems but I know these guys sell a lot of high end stuff and a call to them might be able to help you out.

You must mean B&H Photo. I did look there, and was surprised that they had such a selection. I am a past customer of B&H.

s

That Lorex video was interesting, but some of the images on the Orion website were also impressive: http://orionimages.com/product/CHDP-21DIIC.asp

The license plate detail was shockingly good, provided that it is a true image.

Last edited: