• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for recommendations:

cuirc

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Nov 8, 2023
    Poughkeepsie n. y.
    I am discussing with Manzella Precision, the possibility of having a 6mm GT built for me. the shop gives me every indication of being an honorable, knowledgeable people who would produce a quality product. However after having been scammed by a person that represented himself to be a FFL dealer, including producing a license, for which I found out too late that that was not the case. So now In almost every case, if I am dealing with someone new to me, I look for additional verification that I am on the right track in choosing that shop. If anyone out there, who has done business with Manzella Precision would mind posting here comments on their work especially the accuracy of the end product. I would appreciate hearing about it.
    Thank You

Manzella has a pretty good rep, I haven’t used them but seen many positive reviews. Can’t say I’ve seen a bad one.

You might want to put that in the title who you are asking about so more people see it and will give you feedback.

That being said I have plans of him doing my next barrel.

You might want to put that in the title who you are asking about so more people see it and will give you feedback.

That being said I have plans of him doing my next barrel.
    You could be right but philosophy in a small business like he is the business name and his are synonymous so I thought I was making it a little less personnel and more objective. Thanks for your input. By the way is he using an ace barrel I can find little on them.
    Thank You

You could be right but philosophy in a small business like he is the business name and his are synonymous so I thought I was making it a little less personnel and more objective. Thanks for your input. By the way is he using an ace barrel I can find little on them.
    Thank You
    Unknownmunitions.com uses them now and have a podcast with the owner. I know the guy who owns Bat actions recommends them. I will be trying one when he does my barrel.

He will use I think anything you want but he really likes hawkhill and now Ace barrels.

I’ll be honest and tell you that I have very little faith in people giving realistic timelines.

Whoever you do business with ask about expected parts availability and availability and realistic delivery of the finished product.

If I can’t screw on my own barrel I’ll usually pass.

Unknownmunitions.com uses them now and have a podcast with the owner. I know the guy who owns Bat actions recommends them. I will be trying one when he does my barrel.

He will use I think anything you want but he really likes hawkhill and now Ace barrels.
    You know after reading Frank Bartlein's piece on barrels I think we might have to settle for what is available read it under Bolt Action Rifles. Have you had a ACE barrel before; do they give hte required accuracy and precision?

You know after reading Frank Bartlein's piece on barrels I think we might have to settle for what is available read it under Bolt Action Rifles. Have you had a ACE barrel before; do they give hte required accuracy and precision?
    No I haven't it will be my first one. But I've heard great things. Right now I have 1 hawkhill and 2 bartleins. Honestly I have shot a lot of criterion barrel blanks and have had amazing success.
    I will update but it will be awhile he's waiting on a reamer.

Douglas Barrels in WV had my 7RM barrel to me in three weeks. This included truing my action I sent them, fitting the barrel and head spacing it, so I'm assuming their lead time for just a barrel would be in that ball park of 3 weeks or so.

Douglas has been in the game for decades and is often overlooked these days because of other popular and trendy companies.

My Douglas barrel shoots absolute bug holes and I couldn't be happier.