• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for Reloaders to test Once-Fired Brass and provide review www.BrassClover.com

BrassClover

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2014
As the title says I'm looking to provide brass for user review. We will provide 25 cases for at no cost to you if you provide an honest review. We are looking for real honest reviews. No fluf. No crap. Just real usable information. The cases are once-fired brass in .308 Winchester or 5.56 NATO made by Lake City. I can't verify whether it is long range or machine gun shot. You would have your choice of the three processed levels. We do offer four levels detailed below.

As-Is - No processing beyond hand sorting to weed out defective cases. Crimp and Primer still intact (Due to no processing this is basically a raw material sourced from similar suppliers as other vendors)
Cleaned & Polished - Wet tumbled to clean the interior and exterior. Crimp and Primer still intact
Cleaned, Polished & Deprimed - Crimp (swaged) and Primer removed with clean primer pocket
Fully Processed - Sized, trimmed, swaged and ready to set primer and load

We are looking for 20 total independent individuals (10 for each caliber) to receive the cases and provide feed back. This exercise is to ensure our processes are up to what the customer is looking for and capable of supplying to some of the most demanding customers we will serve.

We are a new company looking to do right by our customers. www.BrassClover.com

I already reload both calibers several times per month, so adding your brass into the routine would be simple. You didn't give instructions on how to participate, so I'll just raise my hand with this post and PM you my address.

I reload and shoot 308 both in precision rifle and in semi-auto - I would be glad to test and review 308 cases.

I would like to be a tester/reviewer for the 308 fully processed brass.

I would be willing to participate for the .308 brass fully processed. Good luck with your new company.

Might want to add quantities to the brass options on your website. The average user will wonder how many pieces of brass they are paying for.

.... Unless I missed something.

I would be interested in trying your 5.56. I would likely use it to load heavies for my bolt gun.

i got 308 and 556. I can try either of the last two Cleaned, Polished & Deprimed - Crimp (swaged) and Primer removed with clean primer pocket or Fully Processed.

I'll participate in 308.

New to reloading and would love the additional experience and can provide honest reviews.

Also I have lake city military once fired brass mixed in that I haven't shot yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I load both cals on a weekly basis. I to would like to see how the 308 prepped brass holds up to my loads with Lapua. For 5.56 I shoot 75gn with LC brass prepped to my standard. I am willing to test both and offer feedback.

I can help test .223/5.56, I load both lapua & lake City that I have prepped and have data specific to my own testing of brass. I would order the Cleaned, Polished & Deprimed.

I'll review the 5.56 fully processed and compare to mine that gets sized with an rcbs small base die. I'm working up a load now for a couple AR15s so it'll be easy to work yours in.

Is this a joke? Sure multiple hours of my time are worth $5 in free brass to benefit a new company with no known ties to this community who is skirting the site rules regarding vendors...

If you need anyone else, I reload both and am willing to help out.

Is this a joke? Sure multiple hours of my time are worth $5 in free brass to benefit a new company with no known ties to this community who is skirting the site rules regarding vendors...

Was kind of wondering the same thing myself. I've been asked to perform testing before through a forum on a company's products; but it was done through PM, and after the person had a sense of who was who in the zoo...

It's not really "testing" though I will load and fire the brass if sent to me but rather a written review of the quality of the brass. I don't mind helping out a new guy BUT I didn't think about the OP trying to work around the site rules. OP you need to contact Frank (Lowlight) to get approval before going any further

He's not necessarily a vendor trying to make a sale of any sort yet, that's how I understood those rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might want to add quantities to the brass options on your website. The average user will wonder how many pieces of brass they are paying for.

No, you didn't miss anything.
No mention of how many cases included with any of the packages.

*EDIT* if you click on an individual product, there are quantities listed. The face quantity is 100 cases. A bit on the expensive side, too... .223 @ 15 cents in 100 quantities and 13 cents in 2400 quantity.
No thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you for the interest and feedback on the site/prices. This is the information I'm looking for and greatly appreciate it.

What I'll need from you is the following.
Name:
Email:
Address:
Phone:
Caliber:
Level of Processing completed (As-Is, Cleaned & Polished, etc.):
Mailing List: Y/N

That's it. Let me know and I'll get the brass out in the next week or so.

Thank you.

It's not really "testing" though I will load and fire the brass if sent to me but rather a written review of the quality of the brass. I don't mind helping out a new guy BUT I didn't think about the OP trying to work around the site rules. OP you need to contact Frank (Lowlight) to get approval before going any further

GrantA/19Scout77 - I am not asking anyone to purchase anything. I'm asking for feedback. I read the rules before posting this and giving away something for a review is perfectly ok. I will contact Frank to get his opinion and will abide by the rules. Thank you for wanted to keep the forum clean. I can appreciate that.

19Scout77 - I can understand that for $5 in free brass the value of the product given isn't much. However, if you are already going to be reloading brass, why not mix this in? I'm not asking for hours of your time. I'm asking for 5-10 minutes to fill out a questionnaire and drop it in the mail. I'm not asking you to go out of your way to do something you wouldn't already do. If so, this isn't for you.

As for my ties, you are right. There are no known ties. I have read threads that have answered questions I've had over the years and haven't posted since the questions are either answered correctly already or a post has already been made. I haven't wanted to clutter with a redundant thread. If you want to talk, PM and we can setup a time to chat by phone.

Also, the "Add $50" type pricing is pretty non-intuitive, and will drive people away. Would be far better to put the actual price for each quantity offered.