• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing looking for Sako trigger parts/ "safety spring"

jet_lagged

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2010
WA, The Evergreen State (KBFI)
I'm looking for a "safety spring" for a Sako TRG.

This is part number 11 on the trigger group diagram in the TRG-22/42 manual. Individual part number <span style="font-style: italic">might</span> be S3301446 and common to other Sakos?

Anyone work on Sakos and have an extra they will sell me?

Otherwise, it looks like I have to get the whole trigger group parts pack (S574S220)from Brownells, as they don't sell just the one spring.

A second item that perhaps someone knows, what is threading size/pitch (I assume Metric) on the trigger spring adjusting screw that screws upward and adjusts the second stage trigger tension? There seems to be a bur in the hole that I would like to clean up if I can find the right size tap to do so.

Thanks.

Re: looking for Sako trigger parts/ "safety spring"

Don't know the exact size of that spring, but a good source for small springs is tire valve cores. Cheap enough to look at anyway.

Just happened think when you said w shaped, can you make one out of a 1911 magazine spring or another type of mag spring.

It appears to be the same spring as on all the Sako and Tikka triggers. Not sure if that will get you anywhere or not.
Justin