• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for scope height issue recommendations

Ted Bell

"Living the dream"
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2010
I'm trying to figure out what, if anything, I should do about this and thought I'd see what y'all thought. I bought a Spuhr 4901 (1.81" height, 9 mil/30 moa) for my rifle (Defiant action, Masterpiece BA chassis, Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5x27 ). While the eyepiece height is ok (although I wouldn't mind if it was higher), the objective end is clearly too low with the NVG bridge where it is. To raise it, it's about .45 inch to just clear the top of the NVG mount with the bottom edge of the scope, but that doesn't leave any room for a scope cap. I'm trying to decide what to do. Do I leave it as it is, and maybe see about removing the NVG mount? Do I get the next tallest mount, which would be 1.5" height, but is that going to be tall enough? Or do I go with the 1.81" high mount? To make matters worse I think either my beautiful bride or I threw the Spuhr box away, so I either put this mount on the shelf for a future gun or loose a bit of money selling it as used.

Thanks all,
Ted

Attachments

• Scope height.jpg
    Scope height.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 49
If you're not going to mount a clip on just take the NV mount off or leave it on makes no difference either way.

You're not going to run a clip on with the sunshade anyway. It may line up well enough with the current mount

Thank you all for your suggestions. I appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ted