• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking For Security System for Business

diggler1833

World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter
Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I figured that there were a few experts among the 'Hide that may have some experience with this.

My wife and I are building a Veterinary clinic out here off of one of the corners of the ranch. We are in the process of wiring the building now, so if a wired system would benefit us best I can get it an install it without any extra work.

Some unique circumstances about our situation:

- This place is remote. We do have power, and wireless internet...but data speeds are limited compared to the city.

- I'm 45 minutes from a LE response, but my house is a 1-1/3 mile drive from the clinic. So it'll be me responding when some meth head tries to kick in a door for the drugs we have to keep on site. I know this sets me up for a whole other discussion on legalities...but looking beyond that, I would like something that alerts ME if a sensor is tripped.

- I'm also wanting inside cameras for both pet monitoring from my house (overnight patients) and common area monitoring/recording during the day. If that means I need two separate systems, so be it.

I have looked at the package options from businesses like Simplisafe...but is something like that going to be robust enough?

Thise of you who have put systems in your business, or work with this stuff for a living, I'd appreciate your .02 to get me started in the right direction.

You want wired POE cameras and then have the DVR on a UPS along with the internet system so it will work when power is out or someone cuts it.
    I second this suggestion, you need ethernet wire run to all locations for now. If you do this you will have lots of flexibility later. Run wire everywhere!!

I have a DIY system at home with tons storage and off site backup which I would happily explain but for a business many people are more comfortable paying for a commercial solution. Mine is more robust most likely and cost a ton less but its not "professional" which can matter.

I would also talk to you insurance, some offer incentives.