• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for Shooting Mentor In Louisiana!

The_Hoff

Team Swampkatz
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2010
NH, former New Orleans LA
I am fairly new to long range shooting, but not to marksmanship itself. However before I try to teach myself and pick up bad habits I would like to find an instructor / mentor locally who would take the time to critique my fundamentals and teach me the basics of long range precision shooting. I'm not looking for a class or a school but an individual or a local club or group that can "teach me the ropes". I am in SE Louisiana (New Orleans). I am not talking 1000yard shots but 300-500 yard shots, and basics such as mil-dot use, reading wind and mirage, etc. plus reinforcing the fundamentals. Is there anyone in my area who wants to help out? or do you know anyone who might be able to help me?

Thanks,
Adam

Re: Looking for Shooting Mentor In Louisiana!

Adam I suggest you sign up for the snipershide online lessons.
It covers the basic fundamentals of shooting as well as a ton of usefull information. There is also a lot of videos and you can ask Lowlight and Jacob (owner of rifles only) questions.
You may think the initial cost is exspensive $100 then $10 per month after that but it is money well spent with a buttload of info.

Look at this thread.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1696088#Post1696088

Mac

join palo alto in donaldsonville, la. my boss shoots there. from what i understand alot of good shooter are members and enjoy help out new shooter. its alot of bench rest guys

Haha love the marines, I have one more year of high school to complete then I am enlisting.

As far as palo alto, it looks like an awesome group and fun to join but it is just so far away I would only be able to go maybe once every month or two. Are there any groups in southeast Louisiana, a little closer to home?

Oh by the way email sent.

Thanks for quick responses and any more help is welcome.