• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for simple weight exercises

Big joe

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
I'm gonna start lifting weight again. But it's been 15 years since I've lifted. I was looking for a link for simple weight workouts. Also looking for some kinda chart when I lifted before we used to get max and we did percentages of it but can find anything. Also does anyone have and supplements they recommed taking thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id start with body weight stuff (pushups, air squats, pull-ups, crunches) for a couple weeks before jumping right in to slinging weights. Give your body a chance to adjust to the grind with a low chance of injuring yourself.

There are tons of ways to scale (if needed) or change it up to keep things interesting.

I agree with just using your body weight, but a really comprehensive stretching routine will help as well. Keeping limber is difficult and will decrease injuries.

As far as supps, forget them. Build a well rounded diet, juice fruits/veg if this helps getting your vitamins.

Weight*(1+ reps*.033) is a formula to get your estimated max. I prefer to lift heavy with low reps and high sets. Usually ill use a percentage of my 1 rep max. Look at Wendler 5/3/1. If your getting up their in age remeber to stretch to keep your joints mobile. Different goals for different age groups.

Hard to beat Mark Ripptoes 5x5 training if you are trying to get back in shape.

Simple focus on compound lifts. Information on his programs can be found everywhere on Google.

X2 on supplements. Try to focus on a good diet. You can't out train bad nutrition. If you need a little help, stick to protein powder or creatine monohydrate. Creatine phosphate is used to create ATP in the body, which is chemical energy required by the muscles. All other sups have little to no effect on the body. Been studying this stuff for years.

Good luck.

Speaking has an old(er) man with 20+yrs of weight lifting, the latter half of that with a professional trainer, I can say with all certainty, take it easy. You have injuries, everyone does, the older you get the longer they take to heal. Some injuries, like two of mine, are life altering and can hinder your ability to ever lift hard again. So listen to your doctor and your body. If I had listened sooner, I would not be in the painful position I am in today.

A hard lift is hard on the body, 2x when you are older, and I am guessing from the 15yr break, you are not a spring chicken anymore.

There are lots of ways to get into great shape that are less stressful than heavy/hard weightlifting.

Climbing machine, elliptical and swimming with very moderate lifting and a great diet will do you more good than risking a bad injury.

If you're looking to drop weight/fat, i take "EHPLabs OxyShred" (ignore the directions, 1 scoop in the morning is all i take). Helps me feel full during the day and I have noticed my weight loss started faltering when i stopped taking it. As for Preworkouts, i have no idea and most of them are pretty bad when it comes to blood pressure and stuff like that, most of the guys i studied with at uni doing a Ba Exercise Science kept away from them like the plague, and these guys have 5+ years studying exercise.

Whey Isolates after weights to gain muscle and help it repair. Fish/Krill Oil daily, and a healthy nutritious diet full of good carbs and fats. And that one cheat meal a week you look forward to in order to keep you sane and have a social life.