• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Looking for Smith with 223AI reamer

BGE541

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Sep 6, 2011
    VA
    Looking to make a switch barrel out of a 6.5x47 on a trued Remington I already have. Just looking to see what an approximate price would be for Chambering, Threading and Barrel Treading for Can would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah thats not a concern... PTG has those all day.

Yeah thats not a concern... PTG has those all day.

You should probably order it now- last one took me 6 months.

That's a great cartridge. Make sure the smith is up to date on the Ackelys. Manson makes a special go gauge, you then use the regular 223 as a no go. This secures the non fire formed case in the chamber at the neck shoulder junction.

RW Snyder built me a hammer or a 223ai a while back. I think you would find his service and pricin reasonable.

Doesn't 6.5x47 use a 308 boltface? If so you need another bolt dude.

The 6.5x47 is a 222Rem mag necked up to 6.5 caliber. You may be thinking of the 6.5x47 Lapua which is a 308 boltface.

I have the reamer, $235 labor plus $35 for the can thread plus return shipping.

Email me [email protected]

Last edited:
    7mmRm on here has a 223 AI reamer we had ground to long bullet specifications. He has built several this year and they all hammer. Isaac is his name. If you can't find him pm me I'll give you his cell number.

Thanks or all the good replays... I like the brass availability for the 223AI and small fps edge over the 223.