• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Looking for some history

Neil Allen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Picked this up over the weekend. One caveat, the bolt is missing. Thinking if someone recognizes it I may be able to back track and MAYBE find the bolt.

Nesika "L" action, very low S/N, not sure BBL manufacturer, .300 WM, McMillan stock, Timminy trigger.

Appears to have been set up for 1000 yard prone competition.

Any insight would be appreciated.

img00297201110241918.jpg

Re: Looking for some history

Give Chad Dixon a shout (C. Dixon) as he seems to be the resident Nesika guy on here (seeing as he was involved in the manufacturing for several years prior to the buy-out).

If he can't help another approach would be to give Glenn at Defiance a call and see if he can help you track down the bolt or at least come up with another one for you.

Both guys are helpful and easy to talk to. Nice rifle, good luck with the search.

Re: Looking for some history

Thanks bohem

Chad was my first stop, literally, He does have some "ideas", "solutions", already.
Thought I would give it a shot at trying to find the bolt though and some history, who built it, what competitions, etc.

Neil