• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for some info on the Nemo large frame AR platform

holy cow

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 22, 2010
    South East Ohio
    I am looking shortly down the road for 1 more large frame AR platform. I have now a Armalite National Match in 308 that is about 15 years old that is all original. I have heard about Nemo Arms and started to research them some. Right now I am only looking at a JP or Wilson Combat and will do a 6.5 Creedmoor when the time comes to order 1. Really like Seekins stuff as I have their AR15 in 223 and in the past had a couple others that have been sold off. But I am crossing the Seekins off and a GAP10 off the list because I do not want the type of rail they use being flat on the bottom. So this leads me to Nemo Arms. I like what they offer and they seem quality. Let's face it, anything nice these days is not cheap. Looking for good, bad or the ugly feedback on these from people who have them or had them. Are you getting a good quality firearm for what 1 of these cost?

I am looking shortly down the road for 1 more large frame AR platform. I have now a Armalite National Match in 308 that is about 15 years old that is all original. I have heard about Nemo Arms and started to research them some. Right now I am only looking at a JP or Wilson Combat and will do a 6.5 Creedmoor when the time comes to order 1. Really like Seekins stuff as I have their AR15 in 223 and in the past had a couple others that have been sold off. But I am crossing the Seekins off and a GAP10 off the list because I do not want the type of rail they use being flat on the bottom. So this leads me to Nemo Arms. I like what they offer and they seem quality. Let's face it, anything nice these days is not cheap. Looking for good, bad or the ugly feedback on these from people who have them or had them. Are you getting a good quality firearm for what 1 of these cost?
    Can’t answer your question about Nemo large frames, but I will say the flat bottom rail is actually comfortable to hold. It feels good in the hand. You may have other reasons to be against it though.

Nemo Arms are over priced and over rated on ALL accounts.

You can't go wrong with either of your choices, the WC 6.5CM Super Sniper is a exceptional rifle at a fair price. The JP will have the edge in regards to innovation and shooter enjoyment and comes ready to rock out of the box.

Also if you decide WC I wouldn't go longer than 20" barrel due to the gas system only being a rifle length on all barrel options.

Just make sure to ask about the military or first responders programs both offer.

With the current prices of quality Large Frame ARs going sky high and some honestly not really offering shit for the prices they ask id ask you to take a good look at the DD5 V5.

You can find some really good deals on the DD5 V5, V4, V3 on GunBroker. I picked up a DD5 V5 in .260 for $1,700 shipped and purchased two additional Proof Research Carbon Fiber barrels in .308 and 6.5CM and I'm still under the price of the WC SS. The DD5 is feature Rich and changing Calibers takes the same amount of time as switching barrels on a LMT MWS.

With the current prices of quality Large Frame ARs going sky high and some honestly not really offering shit for the prices they ask id ask you to take a good look at the DD5 V5.

You can find some really good deals on the DD5 V5, V4, V3 on GunBroker. I picked up a DD5 V5 in .260 for $1,700 shipped and purchased two additional Proof Research Carbon Fiber barrels in .308 and 6.5CM and I'm still under the price of the WC SS. The DD5 is feature Rich and changing Calibers takes the same amount of time as switching barrels on a LMT MWS.
    Are you seeing the POI shifts others are reporting? The couple I’ve been around shoot on par with the cl MWS guns(just under moa). The owners of these made sure the bolts are equally torqued and haven’t experienced the wild POI shifts. A few more good reports from experienced owners may convince me to pick one up. They are readily available and haven’t doubled in price like the KAC LMT etc. large frames.

Are you seeing the POI shifts others are reporting? The couple I’ve been around shoot on par with the cl MWS guns(just under moa). The owners of these made sure the bolts are equally torqued and haven’t experienced the wild POI shifts. A few more good reports from experienced owners may convince me to pick one up. They are readily available and haven’t doubled in price like the KAC LMT etc. large frames.

No I haven't noticed any POI shifts but I did loosen and retorque the bolts to 110 In-lbs. the .260 Chrome lined barrel shot around MOA, I had an issue with mine but DD customer service has been exceptional and I will discuss all the full pros and cons when I do the range report on here. My only complaint is the trigger is pretty bad, but a LaRue MBT would solve that issue without braking the bank too much.

The Ambi controls are exceptional and the receivers are tight and as good as any, and the coating on the BCG is pretty awesome and super easy to clean with just a wipe of a rag. The handguard is super slim and very comfortable in the hand.

Both of the Proof Research Barrels are shooting Sub 1/2 MOA with match grade box ammo easily out performing the LMT is accuracy.

I’m inclined to agree with jake and I own 2 JP large frames, SR25, HK, scars and LMT. When You do the math -the DD and some proof barrels and what you get etc, like he said it’s tough to beat! I was actually thinking about gettin a DD and doling just that because I’m looking for my next project.

jake, did DD send the barrel wrench with the rifle or did you have to call them to get one? thanks

Reactions: Jsp556
    I’m inclined to agree with jake and I own 2 JP large frames, SR25, HK, scars and LMT. When You do the math -the DD and some proof barrels and what you get etc, like he said it’s tough to beat! I was actually thinking about gettin a DD and doling just that because I’m looking for my next project.

jake, did DD send the barrel wrench with the rifle or did you have to call them to get one? thanks
    There is no barrel wrench. The four allen screws that hold the rail on also sandwhich a plate that holds the barrel in place. Unscrewing the four screws and the handguard and barrel slide off.

Reactions: Jsp556 and rpoL98
    Can't say anything about Nemo but I have a Falkor defense petra and love it. That might be bigger than you're looking for but it's a great gun although expensive.

I had a flat-on-the-bottom PRI tube on a rifle before and it was great, although funky looking.

Why not just build and get exactly what you want. Theres a really good part compatibility thread on here. The barrel and bolt are where your accuracy comes from.