• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for the 10/22 troubleshooting write-up.

bonifacio

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2017
Been a while since I messed with mine. Threw together a KIDD build and from what I remember I was having feeding issues.
There was a comprehensive step by step write up for correcting the issue. Pictures and all.

I've disassembled the rifle. Cleaned it. Tried different magazines and ammo. When I chamber the first round it's fine. When I fire it randomly jams.
Only thing I can think of is the barrel isn't seated right. Seems to be seated and everything is lined up. It was just a really tight fit.
Went with penetrating oil, frozen barrel and baked chassis and still had a hell of a time.

Anyone by chance have the link? Don't remember what forum is was.

If I'm able to locate it, I'll come back and share it. Wanted to see if anyone ran across it recently.

Derp, I just realized it might be a spring issue.

Describe the jam.
It's been a while. When I took it out for the first time, tried running rounds through it. After it kept jamming, I just set it aside and said I'd get around to it. It's been years. I'll have to take it back out to figure out what exactly was jamming.

Thought I could just find that guide and go over everything before taking it back out. Oof. There's actually a few I need to take out and check. So troublesome. Lol.

Last edited:
Best thing I did,,might want to try.
I put the light one in,,no more jambs.

I might actually have it and have the wrong spring in. I'll just have to take it out to the range. Might just take the springs with me. Sign out the range for the whole day so no one can bug me.

There's a whole section on 10-22s at Rimfire Central.

Already had an account! Haha.

Last edited: