• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for TKIV-85 info, parts?

Wannashootit

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 3, 2010
    FL
    Customer that I've done some "interesting" projects for in the past emailed me that he acquired a TKIV-85 stock, and the all-important barrel bedding block.
    That's it...

I think I have a hex receiver, but beyond that I have no knowledge of availability of correct parts (if any).
    Barrel print?
    I don't think he's obsessed with 100% true-to-original. If the Valmet trigger is unobtainium (or ridiculously $$), I'm sure a Timney will do. Ditto with the mount/scope, if unavailable I can slap a PEM mount on and he can buy a Russian scope for it.

Looking at what options he might have at this point, any help from someone that's been down this road appreciated.

Customer that I've done some "interesting" projects for in the past emailed me that he acquired a TKIV-85 stock, and the all-important barrel bedding block.
    That's it...

I think I have a hex receiver, but beyond that I have no knowledge of availability of correct parts (if any).
    Barrel print?
    I don't think he's obsessed with 100% true-to-original. If the Valmet trigger is unobtainium (or ridiculously $$), I'm sure a Timney will do. Ditto with the mount/scope, if unavailable I can slap a PEM mount on and he can buy a Russian scope for it.

Looking at what options he might have at this point, any help from someone that's been down this road appreciated.
    here you go

Please, no Russian scopes ;)

They originally came with 4 x or 1.5-6 x scopes from Germany. As I recall, the one that I got to try had a 4 x scope with the elevation turret regulated for the issued ammunition.

Reactions: ZG47A
    Please, no Russian scopes ;)

They originally came with 4 x or 1.5-6 x scopes from Germany. As I recall, the one that I got to try had a 4 x scope with the elevation turret regulated for the issued ammunition.
    They had Zeiss, MSW Wetzlar, and S&B scopes.

Reactions: ZG47A
    I sold most of my TKIV85 set up here to a member. It was all of the really difficult parts. I have one barrel block and one trigger left. PM and maybe we can make a deal. Be aware the recievers require minor machining for the orginal triggers. I also have the barrel blank I intended to use.