• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for tubular forend suggestions

llajumpvid

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2009
newbie to the AR scene...about 6 hours now. I just bought a bushmaster 15 orc which I haven't shot yet as I need to pick out the optics I want. I would like to put a tubular forend on it. I'm looking for something preferably less than $100. I see some made by hogue that are rubberized and some others that are solid or slotted alum.
I don't have any experience with the ar's so I'm not sure what to look for or stay away from. Curious if the rubberized will cause issues with heat...similarly will the alum ones tend to get hot if not vented or even if vented. I'm in TX so cold temps won't be an issue, but ambient heat could be.

I don't think I'll be hanging a lot off of it. maybe being able to put my harris bipod on for bench shooting or mounting a laser sight for night hunting.

Suggestions?
Thanks
LA

Re: Looking for tubular forend suggestions

Lonnie, I have an aluminum I'll sell for 35 shipped. I bought it for a build and never used it.

that said, JP (viking tact) makes a great aluminum one, but I prefer the PRI carbon fiber. It's past your price range, but to me, the method in which it locks up is more solid, the machining is more precise, I prefer the carbon look and feel. I've used both and owned both, but will continue to use the PRI

But is there a $100 difference, no....I just wanted to spend money.