• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for wood rifle stock similar to one by Ireland's Enda Walsh; suggestions?

BroncoMustang

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 5, 2018
I was looking on Accurate Shooter recently and saw a really nice wooden rifle stock by a company called Ireland's Enda Walsh. I like the hand hold custom designed for the shooter's hand; see below.

I also like the area they created for your thumb to go upward (to help maintain accuracy); see below.

Does anyone on the Hide know of a company in the states that does something similar to this? Though I am not sure of the price (I sure it must be really expensive), it does not have to be exactly the same; any suggestions you might have would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ok, those aren't "wood" stocks per se. Those are laminate stocks, and there's a big difference. The laminate is a lot more ridged and does not expand and contract like straight wood.

Foundation stocks are micarta, which is laminated canvas.

Boyds, Richard's Microfit, Altamont, Remington, and some others make laminates. The Richard's have a pretty perpendicular thumb rest like those. Sorry, I guess the Altamonts are only 10/22s, which tracks because that's what I've seen.

Thanks for the feedback; will check out the companies you mentioned. I prefer a laminate stock (which will be used for a bolt action in .308), which I should have said earlier. Thanks again.

Doan Trevor can make anything you want, from anything you want.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
Why not contact Enda and see what he can do for you?

Doan Trevor makes some amazing looking stocks. Thanks for the referral; I had never heard of them before.
Regarding Enda, every time I click on the direct link (that is supposed to take me to his company's website it transfers me to an NBA webite instead). I will try emailing him to see if I have better luck (& maybe they have a new website I can get, too). Just hope they are not too expensive. Thanks to both of you; I appreciate it!

Why not contact Enda and see what he can do for you?

Do you know how to obtain a good website and/or E-Mail address for the company? Every time I try to access it (or E-Mail the company), it does not work. Any ideas? Hopefully someone on the Hide has current information on the company. Thank you.

Doan Trevor can make anything you want, from anything you want.

His work looks very impressive. Does anyone know the approximate wait time for a laminate stock from Doan Trevor stocks? Am hoping that a laminate stock takes less time that a custom walnut, etc. or other exotic wood one.

His work looks very impressive. Does anyone know the approximate wait time for a laminate stock from Doan Trevor stocks? Am hoping that a laminate stock takes less time that a custom walnut, etc. or other exotic wood one.
call him?

Joel Russo...when he's not too busy with Terminus