• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

looking for work in DFW metroplex

deepsix++

regular guy
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2017
California
I'm a cnc Machine programmer / operator with 12 years experience with a background in medical devices and prototyping , use solid works daily too . any one know a decent shop that is looking to hire in the DFW area ? using indeed and what not but if any one maybe has an in with a good shop I would appreciate the lead

Last edited:
I'm a cnc Machine programmer / operator with 12 years experience with a background in medical devices and prototyping , use solid works daily too . any one know a decent shop that is looking to hire in the DFW area ? using indeed and what not but if any one maybe has an in with a good shop I would apricate the lead
Probably make a better showing if you can spell appreciate correctly.

Nobody wants a dumbass running code on a $1/2 mill machine and he doesn't know how to spellz n shite.

Dig ?

• Wow
Reactions: NoDopes
Just saw the title and glad I read the OP. I was going to pop in and say I have shovels and I can put your name on one. It does require that you become mexican. We are all mexican, here, where I work.

There was a place in Terrell that was off SH34 south of town that did some cool government contract aerospace stuff. Can't remember the name though. Owner was a cool gum guy too

Just saw the title and glad I read the OP. I was going to pop in and say I have shovels and I can put your name on one. It does require that you become mexican. We are all mexican, here, where I work.
sorry , I did Spanish class all through HS and it never sunk in , not sure I am capable of becoming Mexican.

sorry , I did Spanish class all through HS and it never sunk in , not sure I am capable of becoming Mexican.
Well, being able to operate a shovel is more important than linguistics.

Ah, the good old Mexican backhoe.
I am manager at a company that does electrical for luxury items at residences. We do not take a machine in there because it would be easy to hit water and especially gas.

So, we dig by hand, at 18 inches deep, averaging 150 - 300 feet a day in the busy season. One guy, a gringo, called looking for a job. Our market is so niche that it takes a while to train. I had worked commercial, residential, industrial. None of it prepared me for pools. It has its own section of the NEC book. Article 680.

So, first, I informed him he would have to learn under the guidance of the guys we have here who immigrated from Mexico (and one from El Salvador.) When I told him about the 18*300, as we call it, he asked, "You all hire laborers for that, right?"

Nope, we are all the laborers. Even the boss has grabbed a shovel on an out-of-town job. I never heard from the guy again.

So, anyone, regardless of actual ethnic heritage, who is willing to dig must be "mexican." Also, there is technique to it. I thought I was a king dirt bunny and one of our guys bumped me out of the ditch and showed ME how it was done. And he loves his job. He likes doing the digging and helping. And I stayed out his way in ditches. When it works, don't fix it.

If you want to work hard and have no respect, make good money with good benefits, work a rotating shift, cuss me often behind my back and sometimes to my face, pm me. I’ll hook you up.

No CNC involved.

• Love
Reactions: Ronws
If you want to work hard and have no respect, make good money with good benefits, work a rotating shift, cuss me often behind my back and sometimes to my face, pm me. I’ll hook you up.

No CNC involved.
is this reverse psychology or something :LOL:

a very small sampling of my work

Attachments

• 6957-56795-60.JPG
    6957-56795-60.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7903.jpg
    IMG_7903.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7905.jpg
    IMG_7905.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7904.jpg
    IMG_7904.jpg
    643.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7906.jpg
    IMG_7906.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 13
Look into Texas Instruments. They have multiple sites in DFW and they fab prototypes with CNC before mass production lines. Also FW used to be full of military industrial complex firms - certainly they need machinist

Look into Texas Instruments. They have multiple sites in DFW and they fab prototypes with CNC before mass production lines. Also FW used to be full of military industrial complex firms - certainly they need machinist
And they are building a gigantor facility in Sherman not far from the old MEMC building.

Reactions: Stevo86