• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Looking into creating a cheat sheet

brickbd

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2009
Twin Cities, Mn
I dont not have much time to head out to a range that is longer than 100 yards. But when I do I would like to not waste time with adjustments. SSSOOO, I am thinking about creating a small 100 zero target that I can also use for 200, 300 and 600 yards.

In english, A target that has an inch square at the top where I am able to zero at 100. Then approximately 2 inches lower for a 200 yard zero. Then approzimately 4.5 inches lower than the 100 yard target would be a 300 yard one inch box. The point is to find correct elevation with out screwing around with walking back and forth.

I know all of this sounds retarded but I am looking for ideas in regard. Again, a 100 yard zero target that I can alter to also find a two and three hundred yard zero. YES I KNOW, NOTHING WILL BE A THREE HUNDRED YARD ZERO LIKE SHOOTING AT THREE HUNDRED YARDS.

Re: Looking into creating a cheat sheet

If you understand your average muzzle velocity, after you've established a 100 zero, a ballistics table will give you the bullet height above line of sight at 100 yards for a zero at most any distance.

Try using JBM to start with then correlate the boxes. Dial JBM's suggestion and go from there. I'm just one notch above a retard so forgive me if that makes no sense.

Just buy a barrel - red dot and stick with it ; don't over complicate things !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NestingFeint02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just buy a barrel - red dot and stick with it ; don't over complicate things !</div></div> Did you intend this reply for another thread, because what you're saying makes absolutely no sense at all.

if you get the correct BC and Velocity in YOUR gun then you can get pretty damn close... so far with a calculater it has held true to 775 yards dead nutts for me. just establish your 100 yard zero and youll be on paper or ringing steel at further ranges if you have the correct BC and Velocity.

Remember, shit in = shit out so input the most accurate information you can.