• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking places to shoot

Longshot38

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2009
Montgomery, TX
Alright guys here is the deal I am looking for some places to shoot. All the ranges around me are becoming increasingly unfriendly to my rifles. The two ranges around me that offer any real distance have given me flack about my weapons. Bayou Rifles has some ridiculous rules the prohibit all of precision rifles in one way or another (No bullets w/ BC over .6, no big bores like 338, 408, or 50 caliber, and no class III unless you apply for exeption). And American Shooting Centers just got black listed by me today for telling me today to either shoot unsuppressed or be arrested. So now I am in search of new places to shoot.

What I need are some places in the SE Texas, preferably in the Conroe/Huntsville/College Station area, that will allow me to shoot 338 Lapua, a suppressed rifle, and High BC bullets. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Looking places to shoot

Thats the problem with states that are 98% private property.
I know i cant legally own a can in here kali, but I can drive an hour and shoot over 1000 yards all day and never see another human being.

And we have the hottest women.. he he he

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And we have the hottest women.. he he he </div></div>

Ya'll have good looking women but, "God blessed Texas"!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

And we have the hottest women.. he he he </div></div>

Not worth it.

well...you may start by completing your profile....then others will know where you hail from.....and my bet is...that you are surrounded by other Hide members that are willing to shack-up with you and get to a place to enjoy your toys.....

I've been a member at Bayou for ~5 years and have not had any trouble shooting my precision rifles, ARs or pistols supressed or not. I did apply for the exception for my cans and that was pretty easy. For the most part, everyone I've shot with out at Bayou has been friendly.

Ripper I updated my profile. On the other hand my post clearly stated the area where I live, I didn't see the need to add that intel to my profile.

TOPO. I found the Bayou members I meet were nice and friendly. And I know about applying for an exemption, I was told about that. It is just ridiculous that I have to ask for premission to use my suppressor. As for the other rules I was told that it shouldn't be a problem for me to shoot my other stuff out there but I hate to have to worry about somebody complaining and then I'm technically in the wrong. I just don't want to worry with that. If the rules were amended a little I might consider it but as they stand I'm in violation of every rule they have and just am not comfortable with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StrikeHold</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

And we have the hottest women.. he he he </div></div>

Not worth it.</div></div>

My dick sure thinks so.

Move to West Virginia. The only weapons not welcome at our 1000yrd range are pink. In fact, they just had me hang a 2 inch armor plate for my .50 API ammo because I was beating up the back stop.

AND I bet you could find a chick without teeth if your into that...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wvtrainer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Move to West Virginia. The only weapons not welcome at our 1000yrd range are pink. In fact, they just had me hang a 2 inch armor plate for my .50 API ammo because I was beating up the back stop.

AND I bet you could find a chick without teeth if your into that...
smile.gif
</div></div>

As tempting as that whole chick with no teeth sounds I think I'll pass. I can go back home and find that. On the other hand if I ever get back up that way I might drop in.

What about the Hot Wells site? I dont know anything about it but its on 290. I drive by it occasionally. Also check with Pete Pieper at Precision Barrel Works in Hepstead. He would know where to go as well. There is a range in Austin County that you have to be a member of, and I have been told it has 600yd. Might check with Pete on that one too. You could come use my pastures but theres too many cows around during the spring season.

jpcowboy I know about hot wells, but I am after places to strech my precision rifles legs. And I complete understand the part about cattle. It seems like the only places I can find have cattle on them, but some peeps are alright with that.

cockcroft email is inbound.

LongShot, I'm not in Texas but if your ever around Phoenix I have a range w/ steel at 1451, 1553, 1760, 1900, 2000 and 2035 yards, it's one hour from town. I'm always looking for other Long Range shooters to help me learn my craft .. Just a thought . Good Luck.