• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking to put some glass on a 10/22

raising_arizona

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2006
Arizona
I just assembled a 10/22 for some plinking fun. I'd like to find a scope for it that has:

mil adjustments
mil-dot reticle
FFP

Does such a beast exist for under $500? Should I lay off the glue?

I saw one of the Leupold European-30 scopes, which has mil adjustments, but either a German-4 or Duplex reticle.

How far can you get out to with .22 LR?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking to put some glass on a 10/22

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raising_arizona</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just assembled a 10/22 for some plinking fun. I'd like to find a scope for it that has:

mil adjustments
mil-dot reticle
FFP

Does such a beast exist for under $500? Should I lay off the glue?

I saw one of the Leupold European-30 scopes, which has mil adjustments, but either a German-4 or Duplex reticle.

How far can you get out to with .22 LR?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

</div></div>

People would mostly tell you to get the Falcon 4-14x. It's the only scope with all those features in that price range.

The problem with the European 30's is there's no parallax adjustment, and they are set too long for common 22LR distances.

EDIT: I asked a similar question a while back. Here's the thread.

IMHO putting a mil/mil, FFP scope on a 10/22 might be overkill in terms of actually being able to take full advantage of these features.

Stringer,
Thanks for the info. I'll check out your post. Problem is, my first scope was a USO SN-3, so I'm hoping a cheapy for my 10-22 isn't a total disappointment.

Well, I bought a Falcon 4-14 × 44 FFP with SLR reticle and mil knobs. I read a few reviews online, and it seems to be good bang for the buck. Thanks for the heads up!
wink.gif
I'll post some pics (and hopefully a review) when it arrives.

Enjoy your new glass!
grin.gif