• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking to replace my Hornady Auto Charge

giannid

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
So I've been using the Hornady for some years now and think it may be time to replace it with something better/faster. Mine is the older non touch screen unit. It's served me well but wondering if any of the newer ones out there are faster and less prone to overcharging. I've did all the youtube setting adjustment out there and runs as good as it will. I'm just wondering if I'm better off using a high end powder dropper and scale. Or are some of the newer auto dispensers better than what I'm using. Thoughts?

Op beat me to this post. Looks like in same shape. Been using the Hornady for several years now. Think it's time for an upgrade. Looking real hard at the fx 120 set up and keeping an eye on the auto trickler threads. Which one is yet to be determined. Looks like can buy separate so $1500 price won't hurt so bad. Got crazy idea of using manual rcbs thrower and hand trickler. Anyone else using this setup. In theory should be more accurate. Idea is stop gap measure since there's a long wait on auto trickler.

If have some hobby level software, electronic and fabrication skills this is an inexpensive stepping stone:

Reactions: Jumper
Op beat me to this post. Looks like in same shape. Been using the Hornady for several years now. Think it's time for an upgrade. Looking real hard at the fx 120 set up and keeping an eye on the auto trickler threads. Which one is yet to be determined. Looks like can buy separate so $1500 price won't hurt so bad. Got crazy idea of using manual rcbs thrower and hand trickler. Anyone else using this setup. In theory should be more accurate. Idea is stop gap measure since there's a long wait on auto trickler.
I use one of these tricklers on occasion , works great . Very precise and works great with stick powder . Just a suggestion until you get your auto trickler .

1667219554082.png