• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

looking to switch to an arca clamp for my atlas bipod

lutzy

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2013
south florida
anyone know who make a quck detached arca clamp for an atlas bipod? currently have an adm-170 on it now for picatinny

I have the ADM and the Area 419 QD lever. I got the Area 419 to go with their ARCA rail. The ADM works, it just doesn't engage the notches. If you have been happy with your 1913 ADM, why not just get the ADM ARCA?

Won't the RRS Duo work you ? Or did I miss the OP's intention?

IMG_9648Really Right Stuff Duo picatinny-arca adapter copy.jpg

Won't the RRS Duo work you ? Or did I miss the OP's intention?

View attachment 8374184
So, the Atlas bipods have what is called the A.R.M.S 17-S interface to mount your choice of bipod-to-gun clamps. A.R.M.S is a company that created what became the standard.

Anyway, the clamp you posted is a picatinny to picatinny/Arca clamp.

He needs a 17s to Arca or 17s to picatinny/Arca clamp like the RRS BTC-Pro or SC-ARC, or choose from other manufacturer’s similar clamps.

Last edited:
I picked up one of these a while back here. Not cheap. Especially new. But hands down my favorite

Reactions: oldrifleman
Yep, I have one on a CAL that I swap between ARCA and another rifle with pic. Works great and I didn't see (still don't) the need to spend the extra money for the QD lever SC-ARC ($170 vs $85).

Yeah, I own both and while the SC-ARC is tits, I find that I am twiddling with the clamp width adjustment when swapping especially between guns with pic rails vs Arca and pic rail vs. pic rail, and even between Arca-equipped guns.

It’s fast to clamp it on, but the readjustment makes it slower when swapping. For me. If you’re using it on/off on one gun or on guns that have basically the same Arca widths, the SC-ARC would be fine.

Reactions: Baron23
I'm having good luck with this one. They also make it with a quick disconnect lever or one with a gold colored knob.

Yeah, I own both and while the SC-ARC is tits, I find that I am twiddling with the clamp width adjustment when swapping especially between guns with pic rails vs Arca and pic rail vs. pic rail, and even between Arca-equipped guns.

It’s fast to clamp it on, but the readjustment makes it slower when swapping. For me. If you’re using it on/off on one gun or on guns that have basically the same Arca widths, the SC-ARC would be fine.
Yep, the knob version is quick and easy. I do have an SC-ARC on an Anvil-30 and its a fine piece of kit. I just didn't see how it would be very convenient or economical for a bipod clamp.

Cheers

It’s interesting because I have yet to adjust mine. Swapped between my AT, ATX, MPA Comp, MDT ACC and RRS pic on a B14R. I thought it was some magical pixie dust thing that it fits them all perfectly. My anvil 30 has the same head on it and I’ve never adjusted that either since I bought it. Only used that on a MDT ACC, AT, ATX and T1X so far though

That said the knob version does the same thing and cheaper. Just having the pic/Arca option is hands down where it’s at. My other atlas cal has the standard pic lever adapter and I’ll likely swap that over as well

It’s interesting because I have yet to adjust mine. Swapped between my AT, ATX, MPA Comp, MDT ACC and RRS pic on a B14R. I thought it was some magical pixie dust thing that it fits them all perfectly. My anvil 30 has the same head on it and I’ve never adjusted that either since I bought it. Only used that on a MDT ACC, AT, ATX and T1X so far though

That said the knob version does the same thing and cheaper. Just having the pic/Arca option is hands down where it’s at. My other atlas cal has the standard pic lever adapter and I’ll likely swap that over as well
I especially have to adjust it between pic rail-equipped rifles and Arca-equipped. Also between my KRG aluminum forend vs my Sawtooth Dependabuilt Arca rail. 🤷‍♂️

I especially have to adjust it between pic rail-equipped rifles and Arca-equipped. Also between my KRG aluminum forend vs my Sawtooth Dependabuilt Arca rail. 🤷‍♂️
Interesting! My pic version I have to adjust between every pic rail it goes on

Reactions: carbonbased
Throwing in my vote for the RRS SC-ARC... works great, and like the flexibility to use pic also

Area 419 has a new one with a lever (I have the knob version). I'd suggest them as a 2nd behind the rrs

Reactions: oldrifleman
I'm a big fan of the lever lock versions, I've had the knob versions slip on rails before in shooting sessions because you just can't get much torque on it, and when it's truly just a slip fit interface with no interconnection, you want to be able to torque it down good, esp. when it's taking recoil. There's also the problem with ARCA that it's not really a standard, so unless you convert to all RRS etc. you can run into ARCA rails that don't have the right angles to engage as well with some clamps, and if you don't want those to slip you gotta be able to put some torque on the clamp. I've also updated some of the knob versions to use the KMW pod-loc in the past before lever options were more available.

The knob versions are easier/faster to adjust from gun to gun, but IMO are not as secure, the lever versions take longer to adjust if you have to move between gun to gun, but clamp much tighter. Just matters if you want speed or security. I also tend to only go with the dual pic/arca options, just because I have zero desire to convert everything to ARCA. IMO unless you convert to one of the ARCA systems that has locking slots/scallops ARCA is a piss poor solution that gives up too much security/compatibility for speed/adjustability.

I'm a big fan of the lever lock versions, I've had the knob versions slip on rails before in shooting sessions because you just can't get much torque on it, and when it's truly just a slip fit interface with no interconnection, you want to be able to torque it down good, esp. when it's taking recoil. There's also the problem with ARCA that it's not really a standard, so unless you convert to all RRS etc. you can run into ARCA rails that don't have the right angles to engage as well with some clamps, and if you don't want those to slip you gotta be able to put some torque on the clamp. I've also updated some of the knob versions to use the KMW pod-loc in the past before lever options were more available.

The knob versions are easier/faster to adjust from gun to gun, but IMO are not as secure, the lever versions take longer to adjust if you have to move between gun to gun, but clamp much tighter. Just matters if you want speed or security. I also tend to only go with the dual pic/arca options, just because I have zero desire to convert everything to ARCA. IMO unless you convert to one of the ARCA systems that has locking slots/scallops ARCA is a piss poor solution that gives up too much security/compatibility for speed/adjustability.
Had a buddy say the same. Which is why I watched for the lever version when I switched

I’m sure the texture or finish on a chassis or rail would play a big part in whether it slips or not

Had a buddy say the same. Which is why I watched for the lever version when I switched

I’m sure the texture or finish on a chassis or rail would play a big part in whether it slips or not
Yep it's kind of a crap shoot, if the angles are not just right between the clamp and the rail, the surface area of contact is almost nothing, and you really need to crank it down to stay. There's also how deep the angles are cut etc. so you can have the clamp "bottom out" before it really engages the angular surfaces fully.

As you said textures matter too, some of the gloss anodizing coatings that are popular have quite low friction coefficients. Most are pretty close if you stay with higher end shooting companies, especially those that say follow the RRS spec, but unless you run 100% all RRS on every rig/bipod which can easily cost thousand of dollars to update it's still a crap shoot. I'd imagine if a rougher texture was used on the rail and clamp surfaces they'd clamp much better over a wider tolerance range, but then you have to worry about the surfaces wearing down and losing grip over time.

It's not that picatinny was really any more consistent tolerance wise, in fact it is probably worse. However, due to the nature of the interface clamps still stay very secure on almost all of them, but often need to have the clamps adjusted from rail to rail. Also for whatever reason, angles, slots, etc. even poorly matched rails/clamps still hold very securely.

Reactions: hafejd30
A couple other points, on the RRS SC-ARC it will work on a MPA BA chassis with the comp side rails installed but the RRS BTC-PRO will NOT. The ARC will work on the Atlas CAL just fine but on the Super CAL it hits and interferes with max cant ( only really a problem on rooftops). If you are just shooting and not on the clock playing reindeer games the knob style should be fine as long as you don’t have a really wide fore end.

Reactions: hafejd30