• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looks like a game changer for Dillon precision reloaders

Choid

Anti Bodyfat Activist
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017

This seems to solve everything that isn't ideal about the Area 419 adapter, though I have to admit, I just ordered it and can't say for sure. But definitely more secure, and looks more forgiving.

Reactions: db2000
Meh never had an issue with the 419 funnel throwing 80 grains of retumbo down to 4350

Reactions: Anb618
Well, two big advantages off the bat are that it secures to the powder die, and that it is usable with the xl powder dies, for things like 300 WSM and SAUM.

I mean if it works.....
Being a pretty blessed shooting poor i stretch things where I can. For my attempt at precision reloading on the 550B I deprime/resize/prime, pull brass off and turn 180 (my reloading are is "compact"), charge provided by chargemaster lite is poured in through MKM funnel, turn to place charged brass back on press (chargemaster starts measuring next charge) and advance through other stations on 550. The time it takes for the CM lite to do its thing is just right once I get in a groove.

This widget looks nice and well made, just not for me at this time. (and I like widgetry)

Got this in the mail today. It is indeed far better than any other option out there. Necessary? Who knows. But very nice, especially if you switch between powder measure and funnel for different loads with the same cartridge, or, of course, if you use anything that requires the large powder die, with with the 419 funnel is incompatible.

I’ve tied most options and this does look well made. Problem is, it’s about 2” in diameter and will not fit next to most seating dies in the 550.

(Edit: probably better to say *some* dies. I measured with Whidden and Forster, known “fat” dies)

Last edited:
Reactions: tball
It fits next to a Redding for sure. I will try it with others tomorrow.

Reactions: DellaDog
As a poors I put my Area419 drop tube from the funnel set in my lathe and turned off the male threads so it just fit in the dillon powder die. I drilled and tapped the top of the powder die for a set screw and wallah secured awesomeness.

Will it work on a Hornady lock n load? currently just have an RCBS funnel sitting in a bushing which a centered case lifts on every stroke. once in a while its looses a few kernals.

The set screw locks the drop tube and prevents the Dillon powder funnel from lifting the drop tube and allows you to flare the case mouth on pistol ammo. Why yes I tested this on .....wait for it..... .40sw ammo, why? Why not..

I’ve found the Hornady powder die with a plastic funnel the most stable. Added bonus is it’s a transparent drop tube and skinny enough to use with fat seating dies.

C234F13A-43FF-40D5-B99E-458961A15656.jpeg

Reactions: MarshallDodge
If anybody has requests for dies to try next to, let me know. I don't have everything, but a lot.

You really do not need to buy one, Just open up your powder bar to allow all the powder to drop in the case each time.

I really do not see anything here for rifle, most people will use a single press for this. Might be good for cases that really need to be flared like pistols. Other then that a single press will be just as fast.

Reactions: Turbwhistle
You really do not need to buy one, Just open up your powder bar to allow all the powder to drop in the case each time.

I really do not see anything here for rifle, most people will use a single press for this. Might be good for cases that really need to be flared like pistols. Other then that a single press will be just as fast.
It's true that you cannot load rifle ammo on a Dillon.

Thanks! Order is in. I like the speed nuts too.