• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looks like Bergara is coming out with a new precision chassis rifle.

Zuzudaddy

Private
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2019
This one looks interesting.

2569A0F2-4BB9-43CD-9A2D-0735FBE80FD4.jpeg

Is it a Bergara action in an MPA or an MPA with Bergara badging?

I'd like to understand how that is an issue if the bolt face angle is matched by the breech face angle?
There are smith's that will rebarrel a Bergara....but not many from what I've heard. Basically if you don't have proper tooling / reamers, then it's a no go as I understand. Bergara will rebarrel for you and to date, my Premier 6.5 Creedmoor is the most accurate rifle I've ever shot.

There are smith's that will rebarrel a Bergara....but not many from what I've heard. Basically if you don't have proper tooling / reamers, then it's a no go as I understand. Bergara will rebarrel for you and to date, my Premier 6.5 Creedmoor is the most accurate rifle I've ever shot.

It's not a question of tooling. A cone can be machined with a simple boring insert in a CNC lathe.

The reamer doesn't matter. It has nothing to do with forming the barrel's breech.

I assume it's a question of knowing what angle the breech cone should be to mate up to the bolt head.

I'd appreciate if someone who actually knows what they're doing would help me understand, but until then I'm starting to think it's another bit of internet gun forum bullshit that is repeated without thought or question.

Last edited:
Some of you saying it’s the same price as this rifle rifle or that rifle...so what? #1 that isn’t street price. Second, I think you may be unaware of Bergara Premier quality and the common half MOA accuracy with factory ammo. My LRP has given up multiple 5 shot groups that were sub .3 MOA and it’s been 100% reliable so far. Action is right up there with the best factory offerings in my opinion.

Some of you saying it’s the same price as this rifle rifle or that rifle...so what? #1 that isn’t street price. Second, I think you may be unaware of Bergara Premier quality and the common half MOA accuracy with factory ammo. My LRP has given up multiple 5 shot groups that were sub .3 MOA and it’s been 100% reliable so far. Action is right up there with the best factory offerings in my opinion.
I guess we’ll see what the street price is then.

I paid a few hundred less for an mpa pmr pro which came with a 20 moa rail and muzzle brake (also the dope card holder, match saver, and barricade stop but the Bergara might have those too). To me that’s a hard sell unless I can get the bergara for around $1900 street price. Even then, I have more caliber options with the MPA... same with all the other rifles.

I’m not anti bergara at all, but they are facing stiff competition from many other well respected shops at this price point. We’ll see how they do.