• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Looks like this load might work out?

diego-ted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
Diego-Town
47.5gr of MR2000, 185 Juggernaughts 5 shot groups at 300 yards. Yes there are five shots in each pic! Fooled me too LOL I am hoping to get things even tighter, this was virgin Lapua brass.

Is that with the Savage F/TR? If so, what barrel are you running? Are you seeing any pressure signs with that load?

Ted,
What's the difference in the load/conditions for the three targets, if any? If you can consistently shoot groups like the one shown in the 3rd target pic, you'll be giving Steve a run for his money! Are you going to bring this load/setup to Pendleton 1000 yd matches next week, or stick with the 6.5x47?

GT

HW, yes it is the ftr with a 30" Krieger 1/10 heavy palma. No pressure at all

Greg, top 2 were off the bench, bottom was prone. Light breeze typical SBRG conditions. Yes I am bringing this set up this weekend. Are you shooting both days? I can only shoot one of them.

Ted

Was that today? Must've just missed you. Ted you said this weekend, the 1000 yard matches got bumped to next weekend, the 13th and 14th. I just noticed the other day, it's on the SMGC home page. What day you going, I'm going to show up at least one of the days now that I have ammo.

That's nice work. I'm looking to put a new barrel on mine as well. Do you know what it weighs with that barrel?

I'm planning on both days as of right now. F-Class Nationals are only a few weeks away, so more practice at 1000 yd is good.

I just worked up a Mr-2000 load also and i'm really liking it. Recipe as follows 175 sierras, 47.5 gr Mr-2000, Lapua brass, Fed primers, this load is pushing 2960 with no pressure at all 1/2 moa or better i'm really starting to like this powder i'm running a Remington Action trued and blued with a Krieger 1/10 SS cut to 28 This is my F t/r Rifle