• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looky what I found! Remington 1903A3...

oneshot onekill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2008
DeBary, Florida
Hey Guys,
Not exactly a "Sniper" version but I just had to share! I just came across this Absolute Beauty yesterday so I jumped all over it! It's an 03A3 made by Remington. It was on the rack at my favorite Fun Shop. Just came out. I bought it without really researching the originality because the vultures were circling and everyone wanted a look at it. After I brought it home and really got to lookin' into how it should look I was Very Pleasantly Surprised! From all indications it appears to be completely original and Barely, if ever fired... after leaving the Armory where it was built. It has the 2-groove rifling and the bore is an absolute Mirror! I don't have gages to check the TE but it can't be much! Even the Feed-ramp is still Parkerized! This is truly a "Time-Capsule" piece! Enjoy the Pics!

John

2dkyed3.jpg

svkolv.jpg

242zddw.jpg

2d8p2rt.jpg

wu5hea.jpg

nmxq12.jpg

1ryz5y.jpg

290y687.jpg

206zpdw.jpg

Re: Looky what I found! Remington 1903A3...

One shot Ur as lucky as a double dicked birddog!! I still want ur M 40 ! the wood stocked one that I bet shoots as good as she looks.... Still have her? v best Easter
cool.gif

That's actually one of those... "Kick myself in the ass for doing it"... situations! I just HAD to HAVE a SCAR17s so I let it go so I could get one. After taking the SCAR apart and realizing it was just another AR/AK Variation with a $3000 price tag I wished I had the M40 Back... Still do!
Thanks for pickin' that wound open again
crazy.gif
Just Kiddin'!

Happy Easter!

That's awesome. I was at a local gun range one day after work (1999) and a guy there had one of these in the trunk of his car he was selling for the estate of an older, recently deceased member. $400.

I'm sure you paid more, it's worth every penny.

Enjoy.

Nice rifle, I have a SC. The 03A3s are my favorite military rifles. Simple, smooth, super accurate.

I did switch out the front sight blade for a .074 width. Easier for my old eyes to see and closer matches my M1 and M1A.

Now you need to take it to some CMP GSM Vintage Rifle Matches and clean up.

Forgot to add, go to the CMP e-store and get a bayonet. Got to have a bayonet, its the law.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's actually one of those... "Kick myself in the ass for doing it"... situations! I just HAD to HAVE a SCAR17s so I let it go so I could get one. After taking the SCAR apart and realizing it was just another AR/AK Variation with a $3000 price tag I wished I had the M40 Back... Still do!
crazy.gif
Just Kiddin'!

Happy Easter! </div></div> Dog damn it man, I wanted that M40 bad....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cattle buyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's actually one of those... "Kick myself in the ass for doing it"... situations! I just HAD to HAVE a SCAR17s so I let it go so I could get one. After taking the SCAR apart and realizing it was just another AR/AK Variation with a $3000 price tag I wished I had the M40 Back... Still do!
crazy.gif
Just Kiddin'!

Happy Easter! </div></div> Dog damn it man, I wanted that M40 bad.... </div></div>
I really don't think you wanted it as bad as the guy who got it. I listed it on that popular auction site which will remain nameless and it went for almost $4,000.00!!! I still don't know why. Just that it generated a LOT of interest and went nuts with the bids! May have been the 6-digit serial number on a clip-slotted receiver with a short-shroud bolt. Or the Redfield Accu-Range Scope with 4-screw rings and a nice USMC marked base. My thought is that those features may have made some bidders think it was an original M40 even though I made it clear that it wasn't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XARMOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks to be original. Nice snag </div></div>
Got some more information about originality. Apparently, the CMP was selling 1903A3's in the late '50's and '60's that were made relatively late in WWII and never issued. They were basically NEW rifles and were made available for less than $20.00 to civilians. This is one of those rifles. It looks like new because it is new... Or almost new. I have no round count but based on wear, or lack there of, I doubt it's been shot much, if at all except for proofing before leaving the Armory.