• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Loose barrel? Tikka t3x tac a1

Hostile_SS

Private
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2017
Hello there! Recently picked this up and just noticed recently that the free floating barrel (specifically the shroud) is loose. Normal? Or do I need to goggle to retighten? Not a safety concern?? Thanks pic of where it wiggles.
Screenshot_20181020-153223_Gallery.jpg

Found the issue. Slightly tighten.

Attachments

• 20181020_154936.jpg
    20181020_154936.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 269
Be careful when you put the handguard back on. Those two screws are ridiculously soft and it doesn't take much torque at all to strip out the internal hex.

i will.. thanks.. it was a some inner stupid bolt. kinda shoddy workmanship to be honest. 60 rounds into the new gun..

thanks!!!

Update: got to range and a few rounds to warm up barrel. Put match ammo and not getting any solid groupings. Guy next to me noticed the barrel was. ..moving. ok..back to the mfg. 60 rds and it shouldn't do being doing that.

Sorry you had to deal with that. Hopefully Tikka makes it right. Mine has been awesome.

Reactions: Hostile_SS
I am just taking it to my gunsmith, 2 week turnaround and to be honest I left a voice mail and no reply as of yet. Gonna see what my guy sees. ( I just know it was loose. ) here is what I shot 2 weeks ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181008-143942_Range Buddy.jpg
    Screenshot_20181008-143942_Range Buddy.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 112
Curious what the outcome on this was? Mine has exactly 60 rounds through it as well, and I just noticed the handguard was also wobbling.