• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Loose Studs

03psd

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2006
Oklahoma
My HS Precision stock (Rem 700VLS) sling studs are all loose. I cannot tighten them without fear of cracking the stock and hand tight miss aligns the holes for bipod use. A Manners is in the near future but for the time being is there a cheap and easy fix?

Re: Loose Studs

You might try one of the white spacers and file it down to time the stud to index properly.

Screw the studs out try some different thickness machine washer under them until the holes in the studs index where you want them. After you find what washer(s) you need apply some blue locktite to studs and snug them up

David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cixelsyd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JB Weld.

</div></div>

This is what I was thinking, but I would still have to remove the barreled action from the stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use 5 minute epoxy on mine. Once it sets up they are not going anywhere. </div></div>

+1