• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Loose Tenebraex covers?

Fatorangecat

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2012
Amanda, Oh
I just purchased a Tenebraex ARD and covers. The ocular cover fits snugly but the front cover rotates really easily. How tight do these typically fit before I buy another one?

Nah. I didn't spend $55 on a scope cap to use tape. I'm not really looking for advice as much as I would like to know if this is the typical fit for this cover or if there is some variability between fitment cap to cap.

The ocular cover fits very snug but is still adjustable from notch to notch. The objective cover is loose enough it wobbles back and forth a couple millimeters in the notch and is easily bumped into a different position. It won't come off or spin freely. It's not a huge deal but it's annoying.

The ocular cover fits very snug but is still adjustable from notch to notch. The objective cover is loose enough it wobbles back and forth a couple millimeters in the notch and is easily bumped into a different position. It won't come off or spin freely. It's not a huge deal but it's annoying.
Since you're mentioning notches and such I'll assume you're talking about the newer ones they sell. FWIW, they can custom make one off ARDs and other parts not worth setting up a line for.

Some do that. I've got a bunch of 'em, they're typically what I use. For some reason some of the caps rotate easier than others; I've got two MRO's and one fits "normal" but one is sorta loose. It's not coming off or anything but the cap will rotate easier. Some of the pieces are made out of aluminum and some out of plastic and that may have something to do with it.

The ARD itself shouldn't be moving, it either threads in or clamps on depending on the model. But the caps can and do rotate so you can open it and flip the cap back so it's out of the way where you want it.

You have it snapped on all the way I'm guessing?

If it's a problem just call 'em, I'm sure they'd make it right.

Reactions: gnochi
Since you're mentioning notches and such I'll assume you're talking about the newer ones they sell. FWIW, they can custom make one off ARDs and other parts not worth setting up a line for.

Some do that. I've got a bunch of 'em, they're typically what I use. For some reason some of the caps rotate easier than others; I've got two MRO's and one fits "normal" but one is sorta loose. It's not coming off or anything but the cap will rotate easier. Some of the pieces are made out of aluminum and some out of plastic and that may have something to do with it.

The ARD itself shouldn't be moving, it either threads in or clamps on depending on the model. But the caps can and do rotate so you can open it and flip the cap back so it's out of the way where you want it.

You have it snapped on all the way I'm guessing?

If it's a problem just call 'em, I'm sure they'd make it right.
This is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. It's not defective and I'm not going to return it and expect them to accommodate me. But knowing that between multiple samples of the same model cover some are tighter and some are looser I will probably buy a second cover and give the looser of the two to a less picky friend.

This is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. It's not defective and I'm not going to return it and expect them to accommodate me. But knowing that between multiple samples of the same model cover some are tighter and some are looser I will probably buy a second cover and give the looser of the two to a less picky friend.
Well then it could be the particular model and both are the same, it could be just the cap in which case you can get one of those only for not too much, or it could be the crenelated ARD mount itself.

I'd just keep that in mind.

Without looking at it it's hard for me to tell where it fits in the scheme of things. They are sorta loose feeling but shouldn't rotate on their own. Some positively lock better between notches than others too.

Wrap some tape around your scope, then put cover on?
B2FC74BE-74E4-48CF-9579-5EE7FF82361D.jpeg

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart