• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes loose vortex viper pst turret?

RidgeRebel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2009
Hurricane, UT
The elevation turret on my PST 4-16X50 seems to have lash/ or play in the turret. The adjustments are still tactile but there is about 1/16-1/8" play before the click either way. You can turn the turret about 1/16 plus before it clicks to the next hash mark The set scews are not loose in any way. Is this something I should be concerned about.

Thanks

Re: loose vortex viper pst turret?

Did you call Vortex yet?
They will happily answer any concern you have and, if need be, will quickly repair/replace your scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you call Vortex yet?
They will happily answer any concern you have and, if need be, will quickly repair/replace your scope.</div></div>

^^^^^This! Call their CS you will be amazed how quickly they will take care of you problem!!!

first i would losen (3 2mm allen screws) and make sure its pushed all the way down before re tightening. if that doesnt fix it call vortex they will

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uncledog57</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you call Vortex yet?
They will happily answer any concern you have and, if need be, will quickly repair/replace your scope.</div></div>

^^^^^This! Call their CS you will be amazed how quickly they will take care of you problem!!!
</div></div>
Thats the truth, Scott will get it back to you quick!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elksniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The elevation turret on my PST 4-16X50 seems to have lash/ or play in the turret. The adjustments are still tactile but there is about 1/16-1/8" play before the click either way. You can turn the turret about 1/16 plus before it clicks to the next hash mark The set scews are not loose in any way. Is this something I should be concerned about.

Thanks
</div></div>

Anything new here? Give us an update.

42769vette is correct check to make sure turret is all the way down. I have a 6-24x50 pst and in setting the zero stop have found that I have to wiggle the turret in order for it to seat properly.