• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: LOP?

Yes.

If you measure your bent trigger finger with a yardstick to the inside of your elbow you'll get a figure that's VERY close to what you need for that person.

I know, I know... I didn't believe it either. But it works.

LOP is primarily important for establishing a proper eye relief for use with Riflescopes and Iron Sights. Factory stocks tend to use an arbitrary figure somewhere around 13 1/2" to 14 1/2".

I'm taller, about 6 1/2ft, and have my stocks set up using various adjustable buttplates, Limbsavers, and buttpad spacer strategies to provide a custom LOP of about 16 1/2", which I find very agreeable.

In the service, the M14's issued stock was so short I was forced to remove my corrective glasses when shooting qualifications, because the receiver butted up solid against the (glass, they used glass in those days) lens.

Rules for quals forbade modifying the rifle outside standard issue specs. One we reached the combat zone, there was a 2" wood block ducktaped to the flip-up buttplate of my particular rifle.

Worked great. I made it considerably wider than the standard plate and rounded the edges, and it did a lot to make the not too intolerable recoil even more tolerable.

Incidentally, it's probably not as much of an ergonomic issue trigger hand-wise, the body can accommodate a lot of leeway here. As long as eye relief can be maintained (i.e by adjusting scope mounts fore/aft), different, 'non-ideal' LOP's can be made to work pretty well.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes.

If you measure your bent trigger finger with a yardstick to the inside of your elbow you'll get a figure that's VERY close to what you need for that person.

I know, I know... I didn't believe it either. But it works.</div></div>

That's clever. I was wondering about the same thing. Thanks!

Aside from this proxy, is there an official definition for the proper length of pull.