• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lord of War NiB BCGs - Thoughts?

M198gunner

LtCol
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2012
CONUS Southeast
Looking to pick up a couple more NiB BCGs in AR15 and AR10 and came across the Lord of War Inc BCGs on gunbroker. For NiB BCGs their price is the lowest I have seen, $149 for AR15 and $228 for AR10 DPMS pattern. Tried looking them up but only had a couple hits with people asking about them and little feedback on use. Mostly the stupid movie or game comes up on a search.

Wondering if anyone on here has actual significant time using one in a rifle to comment on fit, finish and function??? Does the NiB finish last and not flake off.

Info off GB:

Complete match grade .308 bolt carrier group, DPMS style
Match grade! ALL components are made IN HOUSE so we can control tolerances.
◦Carrier
◦Bolt
◦Gas key
◦Ejector
Extractor
◦Firing Pin
◦Cam Pin
◦Retaining pins for Ejector, Extractor and Firing Pin

•Carrier key staked with original COLT Full-Auto MIL-SPEC screws. These are purpose made, for us 120,000 at a time. This is a special steel alloy, with a special heat treat process. These are not readily available at say, McMaster-Carr or Grainger or something. These will NOT shear off (which I have seen happen on competitors gas keys.)

•Highest quality steel used in the extractor and ejector springs; exceeding MIL-SPEC. Purpose made, exclusive, to us.

•Dual nested Extractor springs.

•This is NOT an NFA licensed part, but does have full auto cuts for reduced mass.

•Completely assembled and ready to put in your gun!

•Although Nickel Boron is self-lubricating, we recommend a small amount of lubricant for 500 round break in on bolt to carrier surfaces, even if it is a dry lube.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

My thoughts is it's a gay name for one. Second you get what you pay for. The fact that there is no mention of the steel used would concern me.

check,

They say "exceeding MIL Spec" but never actually say they are tested. I fully understand that with rifles you do get what you pay for but thought with inflated prices were these just being sold for what they should go for.

However, without actual firsthand knowledge from someone on them and no reviews I can find, will go with what I know. Name mainly pissed me off because it made searching for info on them a bit**. Not sure from a market standpoint on finding their product via a search that the name was such a good idea.

Am I the only one that saw the title and wondered why in the world one would want to buy New in Box Birth Control Glasses"? Guess I'm not high speed enough to have all these acronyms internalized since I'm not a big semi-guy.

Funny, though you show you are military if that is what BCG means to you. It is always a good day when you learn something new, even if the info is almost useless.

I just ordered one of these, FWIW talked to Mark Mueller on the phone, he said the carriers are 8620 and the bolts are 9310 steel. He's a bit hard to get a hold of, but pleasant enough to talk to on the phone. He says he's been making these and selling them to firearms companies for years and now he's opened up to individual sales. According to him, his company has made 10's of thousands or 100's of thousands (I forget which) of these. Just my 2 cents. I'll post a review when I get mine.

I am sitting in the same boat, DPMS proper 308 BCG's are sold out everywhere and there are only a few out there that have them in stock. CCMG? SI defence, Black Rain Ordnance, Fulton Armory, JP and the few other outliers like this thread. I am massively confused. When I buy BCG for a 15 I just buy a Young mngf and not worry about the rest but everything with my MATEN build is 2x the price and even less selection so it is really a head scratcher.

Not trying to hijack your thread Gunner, but I think I am driving at same point as you, who can we trust?

Anyone with a review on these? I'm considering using one with a new DPMS SASS barrel enroute from Brownells on one of my uppers.

EDIT - won an auction:
Oh well, got one on order now too.

Last edited:
I bought a Lord of War AR-15 NiB BCG and couldn't get the gun running...it short-stroked, failed to eject, in short it acted bizarre. Switched it out with a Youngs Manu, and later a $100 Wilson Combat, and have not had any issues. Sold the LofW BCG on ARF with full disclosure for a loss.

you might check with icearms. I have a couple of their nib bcgs and have been happy with them, although they are low round count so far. they have also added 308 bcgs lately, and also what they call the zombie nib bcg for $99(not green or anything, just show more tool marks and flaws and they don't sell them as firsts apparently). there are always 10% coupons online also. I picked up one of the zombies for a spare, and used ar15news coupon for 10% off so I paid about $95 shipped for a 9310 nib bcg, which I think is a good deal for nib stuff currently.

My bolts are on the way, I spoke with Mark Mueller on the phone tonight too, great guy, if the bolts are half as nice as he is I'm going to be a happy camper.

I am sitting in the same boat, DPMS proper 308 BCG's are sold out everywhere and there are only a few out there that have them in stock. CCMG? SI defence, Black Rain Ordnance, Fulton Armory, JP and the few other outliers like this thread. I am massively confused. When I buy BCG for a 15 I just buy a Young mngf and not worry about the rest but everything with my MATEN build is 2x the price and even less selection so it is really a head scratcher.

Not trying to hijack your thread Gunner, but I think I am driving at same point as you, who can we trust?

Try Rubber city armory ' s 308 bcg, in stock many places or buy direct.... I'd go with them before some of the others listed..... They had some growing pains but seem to be gtg now... My first choice is YM NM 308 BCG but they are hard to find at present.

Ya, wish YM still had the 308 BCGs. I have one of them for my AR15 and functions great. Will look for another manufacturer for my 308 BCG besides LofW.

So, my BOLT arrived. A little concerned as I ordered and the CC was charged for two. The box was busted on one edge, large enough one might have fallen out. Given that, there was zero wrapping inside the box, if there had been two I could assume they would have banged violently against one another.