• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Los Angeles gun stores

ace31

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2009
Va Beach, Va/Orange County, Ca
Just looking for some good/fair gun stores in the LA area. When I say good/fair I refer to the prices, customer service and knowledge base.

Some of my stuff will be shipped in from other states, any words of wisdom?

Thanks

Re: Los Angeles gun stores

Lots of people live in LA, but there may not be many gun stores anymore. LA lawmakers are at the center of the anti-gun legislation in the state, with the rationale that they are trying to prevent gang shootings. The same thinking makes it difficult to do business in the area and the CA DOJ can turn an incredible microscope on you and your business.

Brother I'm miserable enough with these laws as it is did you really have to top if off? I'm just kidding I appreciate your input. Hell, I might even head out to your neck of the woods. I'm actually in the process of trying to figure out where I should settle down and I am open to opinions, but Im guessing that is for a different thread on a different day. But you could always PM info on your where abouts.

I bought a house in the Carson City, NV area so that I could enjoy my Second Amendment rights and the outdoors. Does that say something about CA anti-guns laws? Every year the CA legistlature introduces new bills and reintroduces the ones that failed. Eventually some pass and over time have drastically changed gun ownership in CA. NV is a breath of fresh air! Really!

Even in northern NV you won't find a large number of gun shops, it's business economics and not legislation. However, we have a Scheels and Cabelas in the area, as well as a number of smaller shops. BTW, Cabelas gave up thinking about a store in CA because of the anti-gun mindset there.

Thanks sniperghost I'll check those places out this week. As for one eyed jack, I'd love to come out to nevada sometime. I've visited but never thought about living there.

Thanks gents

The guys at Oaktree Gun Club in Newhall are very good. The reloading store at Angeles Shooting range is the only game in town for reloading and they have almost everything that's available. Even Turners has some great deals in Pasadena and Reseda. Probably the best selection for firearms but WORST prices is Gun World in Burbank. The guys at rifle gear a fine too but farther down in the OC area.