• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Losing faith in Texas LE……

"The training provider is the one who provided the weapons. This was not a live fire training, that’s all I know. How the weapon was introduced, we don’t know,"

They don’t say definitively but the last sentence sounds like some asshat brought a live weapon into a scenario designed for sims.

Probably 85% of all cops can work a word processor about 20x better than they can operate a firearm. Most shoot about once a year to keep up their qualifications and that's it.

Cops that use the ranges upstate that are frequented by both LE and civvies are routinely outscored by civilian shooters whenever they are cocky enough to be goaded into a shooting contest, and they get butthurt about it too. And these civilians are not competition shooters either, just your average Joe spending a weekend morning plinking.

Cops that use the ranges upstate that are frequented by both LE and civvies are routinely outscored by civilian shooters whenever they are cocky enough to be goaded into a shooting contest, and they get butthurt about it too. And these civilians are not competition shooters either, just your average Joe spending a weekend morning plinking.
The cops that know their stuff tend to REALLY know their stuff. The rest are simply normal folks that applied and got a job just like anybody else including the cashier at the grocery store. Quite simply the majority are not former Army Rangers or something like that.

I can tell you a ton of stories to prove your point. I am not a cop but I have had the opportunity to know a whole bunch of them via work or whatnot.

Just putting on a uniform does not make one an expert in pretty much anything. Six months ago that same guy might have been selling used cars for a living. A number of them definitely need a dose of humility but others are excellent in many many ways. I think a lot of that though depends on the department they work for and exactly how much mentor ship they have (and continue) to get or not get from people that really know stuff.

On the flip side of that I've known several 'civilian types' that never have been in the military before, but wound up being cops... and some of them are ten times better at dealing with people than some of their asshole counterparts. The learning can and should go both ways.

I wonder if Alex was the armorer?

1667835733593.png

• Haha
Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
"you can put a cop in a padded room with a steel ball and if left alone he'll break the ball and themselves"

Cop proof does right along with grunt proof. It can't be done because someone is going to make a dumber one.

Can verify. That being said, I remember Tate kicking *ss in any pistol portion of comps.

Probably 85% of all cops can work a word processor about 20x better than they can operate a firearm. Most shoot about once a year to keep up their qualifications and that's it.
I can promise you, a majority of cops can’t run a word processor well either. 😂

I’m a shift supervisor and you wouldn’t believe the amount of grammar and spelling corrections I have to complete before I’m willing to give my stamp of approval to a majority of my officers’ reports.

Policing is just like every job that exists in the private sector, because it is made up of a cross-section of humanity. 80% of the high-quality work is done by 20% of the employees. That’s the way it is, and the way it always will be.

Those of us who take our jobs seriously do excellent work. We take time outside of our paid hours to read caselaw to gain a better understanding of the People’s Constitutional rights we must respect, we spend our own time and money training and learning (when our government run organization cheaps out…always), and we spend time building community relationships that both help the community with our own input and can our own investigative abilities when needed.

Those who don’t take their jobs seriously…really don’t.

It’s that way here in Texas..I’m 36 and have been in law enforcement since I was 20(started in dispatch)..I work at a large agency now and have been a member of a full time SWAT team since i was 27…

I have shot competition in various forms since I was 9…I am not even a minority..I am such a small percentage that I’m damn near an alien..SWAT is different, most of the team is former rangers, special forces and a couple of SEALS..but, as far as patrol, patrol TAC teams, and divisions with small role entry teams? It’s pathetic!

I had a pretty significant injury a few years back and was offered a spot on the firearms instructors team if I wasn’t able to recover to the point of rejoining SWAT..I asked to just be assigned to the jail under my current rank(Sgt.) so I didn’t have to deal with that bullshit. Luckily I recovered 100%.

I am surprised wade2big hasn't made and appearance yet

There are plenty of members who find state-run police forces distasteful, wade is just one of the most obnoxious of us.

My son’s school had a training exercise a few weeks ago. The school and the cops ran this fucking clown show so poorly he was still scared out of his mind. These fucking retards didn’t have the decency to make absolutely sure all of the children understood nothing was actually happening. This is infuriating and my wife said she was getting closer to taking him out of school and either finding a private school or figuring out a homeschooling schedule

Reactions: MK20 and XP1K
I can promise you, a majority of cops can’t run a word processor well either. 😂

I’m a shift supervisor and you wouldn’t believe the amount of grammar and spelling corrections I have to complete before I’m willing to give my stamp of approval to a majority of my officers’ reports.

Policing is just like every job that exists in the private sector, because it is made up of a cross-section of humanity. 80% of the high-quality work is done by 20% of the employees. That’s the way it is, and the way it always will be.

Those of us who take our jobs seriously do excellent work. We take time outside of our paid hours to read caselaw to gain a better understanding of the People’s Constitutional rights we must respect, we spend our own time and money training and learning (when our government run organization cheaps out…always), and we spend time building community relationships that both help the community with our own input and can our own investigative abilities when needed.

Those who don’t take their jobs seriously…really don’t.
Policing has no relation to anything in the private sector. None. It is not a cross section of humanity. This is a lie gov people like to tell in order to try and relate to the productive class. Certain personality are drawn to the job. Most of them not good. This is only one of the many differences between the two.