• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost 0??????

blacklab1

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2018
An odd thing happened this weekend. 2 weeks ago 3 of us were checking 0, two RPR and a B14r. The temperature was around 35* at about 1800 feet above sea level (didn’t check humidity) and all 3 of us were spot on from 25 -200 yards. This Sunday we all went to a match but got there late so we didn’t have time to shoot the sight in target. The temperature was about 65* at around 500 feet above sea level with humidity around 60%. One RPR and the B14r were hitting 1/4” targets on the first stage at 50 yards but the 2nd RPR missed everything. Same thing on 2nd stage so the R O told him to go to the sight in target to see what was going on. He was hitting 1.3 Mil high and .7 Mil right (both days had a light cross wind). After he got things straightened out the rest of the day went well. The ammo was all from the same lot number and I know no one messed with it because it was in a case at my house ever since we shot last. It’s topped with a Burris XTR in vortex rings. Any idea what would cause this? At this point the guy lost all faith in his rifle.

well pick it back up .. if at first you don't succeed try try again and again .

Did you do the original Zero the same way as how it was shot at the match? The RRPR are sensitive to changes in pressure on the stock etc. Not that far out but can cause issues.
Its not likely the ammo I would check the rifle over. Scope rail barrel nut hand guard etc.

I would run the turrets all the way up and down a few times and then re-check zero, like others have said check all screws and you didn't mention what your cleaning routine was. There are a lot of things that could change the zero but ammo would be my last concern.