• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost a fellow deputy & a good friend today

km71107

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2008
Northwest Louisiana
It was a long night at work tonight. We got news from our Sgt that a fellow deputy passed away today. He had gone to run his PT today and was later found in his bed by his wife. It looks like he died of a massive heart attack at the way too damn young age of 53.
He had only been with the department a few years but had a reputation as a helluva deputy who got along with everybody he worked with and had no bullshit attitude when it came to doing his job. I'm glad to have worked with Deputy Daniel Boyer and damn glad to consider him a friend. We'll miss you Danny!

Re: Lost a fellow deputy & a good friend today

Sorry for your loss. We lost an officer this year in his 20's in a similar manner, it always sucks.

Sorry for your loss.....

Sorry for your loss brother. I've been there.

Sorry for your loss brother. I've been there.

Sorry for your loss. It always seems so unfair when a good person dies so unexpectedly, especially at a young age.

Seems to happen that way all too often these days... just like with high school athletes. We've had two teenagers drop dead this fall in the area. One at footall practice, the other at baseball...

Both via the great killer of healthy athletes, enlarged heart... hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. We screened our applicants during pre-employment physicals for it the last few years. I was surprised how common it was in 20-somethings.

Very Sorry KM.

Just a year older than I...

Sometimes I forget to thank the Lord each morning for another day above ground.

I did just now.

It's been a tough year for you and your family. I hope He smiles on you and yours from here on.

queequeg, it has been a long rough year. I lost my nephew, my future mother-in-law and 2 good friends. Things are getting better though. We're doing good dealing with all of this. My nephew Ethan's parents are doing much better. My brother is getting back to his old smartass self. He told me several times to thank all of you for what you did for him and his wife. I figure I'm good for a while now, I've had enough to deal with. Well, not quite. We had a small fire tonight in the jail laundry and then some idiot backed into a lit up EMS unit in the parking lot and I was in the middle of all of it. I need a damn break!!!!!

Sorry for your loss. I know how it is I lost My Sheriff last year and a fellow deputy 2yrs ago. May he rest in peace.

Very sorry for the loss of a deputy and your friend. RIP

The number 1 killer of law enforcement officers is heart disease.

Sorry for the loss of your friend .
Speak of him often. Thats what keeps our lost loved ones alive in us.
Prayers to the family...

Sorry for your loss.

A couple of years ago, a good friend/co-work of mine didn't feel well at work, so he when home to bed. I wasn't there that day.

He too was found by his wife when she came home from work. He as a big guy and they said it was likely a heart attack.

Sudden losses are very difficult. I still often want to call him as he and I often spoke about work, family, and just about anything else.

Friends are special and a lost of one is painful. Hang in there.