• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost a great Martial Artist last night

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
One of the Brown Belts that was my inspiration in Karate died last night in a drowning. Don't know details but he was out swimming in 60 degree weather with heavy clothes on after dark.

When I started Karate he was a Brown Belt, and he was THAT close to testing for his Black Belt, which we JUST found out he was just "Afraid to test"...

He was SO crisp and clean with his techniques, there's only been one other person as crisp and clean as he was, the most beautiful roundhouse kicks.

I enjoyed sparring with him when I was coming through the ranks, he wasn't one that would just beat ya down, he fought at your level and kept you challenged.
So we are going to post humuously promote him to Black Belt at the funeral, in full Gi's.

Oss Kris - good Martial Artist, a mentor in Karate despite being 25 years younger than me.

Definitely will be missed!

Kris.jpg

Re: Lost a great Martial Artist last night

Condolences for your friend but swimming at night in 60 degree water, with heavy claothes on....something doesnt sound right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Condolences for your friend but swimming at night in 60 degree water, with heavy claothes on....something doesnt sound right. </div></div>

Ya know I do agree with that, something does not sound right!

But know this, I too was 20 and did some pretty stupid SH*T in my life LOL

Like jumping my motorcycle with no friends around and almost breaking my neck...

It's forgivable but strange.

I'm betting alcohol was involved.

But my memories of him are from the dojo and his inspiration to me.

We martial artists always show our respects to our lost associates and mentors. I am sure he was a top notch karatica.

I will always think of Angelica who was my mentor and sparring partner. 5-5 and modelicious hot, but with the most wickedly fast punches and kicks, and the most jaw dropping forms I ever saw. She was, and still is my inspiration for perfect form, but my fat ass will never look as hot as she does performing them, man she was and still is wicked with it.

Condolences for your friend Scott

Well guys turns out alcohol and drugs were not involved.

They said leg cramps were the cause.

Not sure.

My Sensei has asked the family if we (every black belt in the dojo) can perform our black belt presentation to the family.

He was a black belt years ago but apparantly just feared the test itself as he was shy. Sensei is promoting him to black belt, and not honorary - he is a black belt.

Thanks for the memorial, A-light. No matter the reason someone close to us passes, we miss them.

Condolences.

david