• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Lost in the Suppressor Mount Weeds.... One can, multiple rifles...?

240nmc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2013
North Carolina
I'm new to suppressors having picked up a Rugged Obsidian 45 early in the year. I use it with direct thread mounts on a 350 legend AR, and Henry 45-70 lever rifle, and have the three lug HK adapter for a PTR.

A month ago I purchased a Nomad L and plan to use it between a couple of CARs 223, 300 AAC, 350L, and 260 Rem Chassis Rifle. Trying to decide what type of mounts I need to get.... I don't match shoot and will use the suppressor primarily for hunting and fun shooting. It could go on and off as many as 4 ARs and the heavy bolt gun.

Do I just get:

A. Direct Thread for each barrel type
B. Dead Air's KeyMo on the can and brakes/Flash Suppressors for each rifle
C. Saw a reference to Area 419 items as well.

Suggestions please and thanks in advance.

I'm new to suppressors having picked up a Rugged Obsidian 45 early in the year. I use it with direct thread mounts on a 350 legend AR, and Henry 45-70 lever rifle, and have the three lug HK adapter for a PTR.

A month ago I purchased a Nomad L and plan to use it between a couple of CARs 223, 300 AAC, 350L, and 260 Rem Chassis Rifle. Trying to decide what type of mounts I need to get.... I don't match shoot and will use the suppressor primarily for hunting and fun shooting. It could go on and off as many as 4 ARs and the heavy bolt gun.

Do I just get:

A. Direct Thread for each barrel type
B. Dead Air's KeyMo on the can and brakes/Flash Suppressors for each rifle
C. Saw a reference to Area 419 items as well.

Suggestions please and thanks in advance.
I prefer Dead Air KeyMo with KeyMount brakes. I run them on all my threaded centerfires. I still have plenty more to get threaded...And I plan on running KeyMount brakes on them, as well. When not running suppressed, the KeyMount brake performs amazingly with recoil mitigation. My Rem 700 5R .260 Rem with a hot charge and Berger 153.5 Hybrids only kicks like an AR in 6.5 Grendel without a brake. It's amazing.

But, I can definitely recommend with 100% certainty, that you will NOT want to use your Nomad-L on your .350 Legend... Being that the Nomad is a .30 caliber can, that would completely blow up your suppressor.

I prefer Dead Air KeyMo with KeyMount brakes. I run them on all my threaded centerfires. I still have plenty more to get threaded...And I plan on running KeyMount brakes on them, as well. When not running suppressed, the KeyMount brake performs amazingly with recoil mitigation. My Rem 700 5R .260 Rem with a hot charge and Berger 153.5 Hybrids only kicks like an AR in 6.5 Grendel without a brake. It's amazing.

But, I can definitely recommend with 100% certainty, that you will NOT want to use your Nomad-L on your .350 Legend... Being that the Nomad is a .30 caliber can, that would completely blow up your suppressor.
Yep, fat fingers not attached to the brain. The obsidian 45 works on the legend….

Keymo is a great system just not the lightest

There is also the Xeno adapter as well.
Smaller, lighter, cheaper to the KeyMo. Muzzle devices cost the same and not as nice as the KeyMo options.

Personally I just direct thread and use thread protectors on my bolt actions. Have a Nomad Ti and Sandman Ti. I have a Sandman S with KeyMo muzzle devices for my ARs.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
I hate how much I love the area 419 mount. Usually I hate adaptors and prefer simplicity, but the area 419 is the exception where stacking an adaptor makes your systems way simpler, to include if you ever want to use a brake.

Reactions: Odindad
I’m partial to the Yankee Hill Machine QD mounts. They make adapters for other types of suppressors as well. Just my $0.02

Last edited:
Area-419 here. Universal adapter on each gun, twist on/off the can and brakes by hand depending on how I want to run them. Easy button.

I like and use the keymo for my nomad on all my threaded rifles. No complaints, just be sure to use some rocksett on the barrel/brake threads.

Dead air key mo anything else is a mistake there you go no more weeds

Reactions: 240nmc
Keymo is a great system just not the lightest
Its long too. Adds 1.2” to he exact. Cool design, there’s just no way id use it across a whole bunch of platforms.

27B37F4C-2C8E-4A79-843D-F066BB59FDFE.jpeg

Reactions: Huskydriver