• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost mans best freind last night

KHOOKS

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2008
Central Alabama
My German Shepherd passed away last night. He was a great mild mannered dog that loved people. He will be missed greatly. I came home yesterday from work and his belly was bloated and he wouldn't eat. He looked as if he know he was on his way out. He'd just stand and look not wanting to move much. I let him out of hie pin for a little awhile and he just stood on the back porch looking out over the yard for a few hours. I then but him back in he pin and check on him a few hours latter and he was just leaning up on the fence. I guess his belly was hurting him and he didn't want to lay down. When I got up this morning he was gone. Damn I gonna miss this dog. His off to Rainbow Bridge or maybe up to see my pop that only got to see him once before he passed. Hyde was his name he would have been 12 years old in April. I have one of his daughters to carry on his namesake, Ol boy you'll never be replaced in my mind or heart by another but there will be others for you was a wonderful animal and better than most humans I know. I'll see you up above one day and will go for a ride in the old truck. Bye buddy I love you.

Animals often become part of family, and it is always hard loosing a family member. I have lost a few great dogs and they will always be greatly missed as well.

Sorry for the loss bud, I've got a Shepherd and I don't even want to think about it.

My most sincere condolences. Sorry for your loss. There's nothing more faithful than a good dog and losing one is always hard. A part of him will always be with you though

Hey my friend, sorry to hear about Hyde. I lost my most favorite dog a couple of months ago and still miss her terribly.
Anything I can do just give me a shout.

Sorry to hear about the loss brother. Nothing quite like a good dog. I like my dogs way more than most people I encounter.

Sorry to hear about your pup. Coming up on one year since I put my female Lab down. Worst day of my life. However in the end her passing gave me a chance to save a different dog. Give yourself some time and then go find yourself a new pup.

Sorry to hear you lost your dog.
I have 5 labs, and not looking forward to the day I lose any of them

Sorry to here about your loss man, its amazing how much a dog effects your life. I believe that the best way to heal yourself is to get a puppy, not as a replacement but as an addition. Impossible to replace them.

Attachments

• Duke 001.jpg
    Duke 001.jpg
    714.6 KB · Views: 20
Just lost family lab of 13 years, couldn't deal wit not having brown fur all over the place so I got this little fawker.

Had a malamute that passed away suddenly almost 12 years ago. I still think about him, he was a great dog. He was only 3 or 4 I think it was when he died.

Had a mutt that we had to put down after almost 14 years, she was a great dog too.

A few days after Christmas 2012 we had to put down our boxer that was 9 years old. Cancer took over and shut his liver down. He didnt eat for his last weak alive, but he was still his usual ridiculous self, but I know he knew he was at the end. This was the hardest one to deal with for me.

We have a Vizsla puppy coming in a few weeks. It was just born a few days ago. A year without a dog(we got a cat, its not the same) is too long.

that sucks, kenny. i love my dogs and cat, when it is time to say good bye to one of them it a very hard thing to do. i love my pets more than i like most people.

The only bad part of having four legged furry kids is that you will outlive them. its a certainty. its also one of the hardest good byes there is. i feel for your loss, I'm sorry. try to think about all the awesome and happy days he and you had because you two found each other.

-Paulus

Sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. I had to put my 10 year old English Bulldog down last October. There isnt a day that goes by I dont miss him.

I am sorry for the pain you're feeling, but I know you wouldn't trade it for having never had him.
Best Wishes.

Very sorry for your loss. I, like some others on this thread, love dogs more than most people.

Ken,
Pets are family, sorry for the loss. Keep your head up and keep moving ahead, it will get better. Nothing nor no one can remove the memory's and soon, grief will be replaced with all the good days you two had together.

Kenneth

I lost my Shiloh Shepherd late last year and he was 12 too. It was devastating and I feel your pain. The sad thing about dogs is they die too soon. I did get another Shepherd and she is 7 months old now and at this very moment is playing tug a war with me while I am trying to type this.

Damn sorry for your loss. I've got a white and copper husky. Me and Sasha been through a lot together and just the thought of losing her makes me tear up.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Lost my yellow lab Beau a couple months ago.

Narcissism is the belief in nothing masquerading as tolerance of everything...Ayn Rand
www.2AFight.com