• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost my best friend today.

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Had to put down my dog this afternoon. She gave me a great 14 years and it's going to suck without her. I got her for my oldest son when he was 7 and she was with us long enough to get to spend 9 months with my twins.
    20210126_094236.jpg
    20210126_133104.jpg

sorry for you loss now you can turn that loss into a victory and get another dog or six and give it or them a good home with lots of love while it helps you through your grieving process there are millions of animals that need a great home you be a hero to them good luck

It's always tough to let them go but it's the only loving thing you can do. They are all missed. My Bailey was put down in Oct 2019 and I still miss that pup.

You loved her enough to let her go.

Reactions: gunjunkie45
    Sorry for your loss, we put ours down April 27, 2020. We had her cremated and who ever goes first the wife or myself will take her. I pray all of our animals are with each other and are not alone until we can see them again!
    On a high note: 4 months ago we adopted another from the dog pound. She is great in her own ways.

When I had to put my 10.5 y.o. male Rott down, I cried more for that damn dog, than I did when my parents passed. That dog went damn near everywhere with me, even the bar(s).
    My wife stayed with him, because I was too much of a pussy. Stayed for the initial shot and then I just couldn't do it.
    Sorry for your loss man. Mac☹️

Last edited:
    You gave her a warm and loving home all those years. Always remember that. It is a tremendously difficult decision that many of us understand. Others simply do not. I have been there. Twice. This was the final gift you could give. She is resting peacefully. Know that I will certainly include you in prayer with a special intention to St. Francis that he may guide and keep our pets, now and forever.

Put my Buster down just before the new year. Miss that old guy, tough as hell to take that step but the old boy couldn't stand up anymore. I'd carry him for a thousand years but it hurt him for me to pick him up, too.

Sometimes we do things that cause us great pain so others don't have to carry that burden. You'll meet again, anyone who says dogs don't have souls has never had a dog, doesn't have a soul themselves, or is just plain confused.

God bless ya both, and may the good memories be at the top of your mind.

Sucks ass! Go to the pound and rescue and dog or two. And yourself.

oh great, my fucking allergies are hitting me now.

sorry for your loss buddy. i know how it feels :cry:

Sadly, I know what you just experienced and what you are going through. The loss still hurts but the good memories are a salve for your soul. I'm thankful you had her in your life.

God Bless you, Brother.

• Love
    I am very sorry for your loss. I am critter-less for the first time in 19 years and it sucks.

Sorry for you're loss. My shepherd is going to the vet Friday, and I expect bad news. It will still hit like a ton of bricks.

I am very sorry for your loss. I am critter-less for the first time in 19 years and it sucks.

I told the wife we'd wait after our dog passed. That didn't last a month. WE (the wife) decided we'd get a Bernedoodle (Bernese Mountain and Mini Poodle). Great dog. A little hyper. Smart, but a little stubborn.

I just couldn't go any longer without having a buddy to watch tv with or to greet me in the morning with a wagging tail.

Sorry man,worst day of my life when my last dog passed, we got a rescue a few years later, she's a good girl too and a loving friend, she conned me out of a second dinner when I got home from work today though