• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost my loyal friend Kojak this evening

Jerry V

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 18, 2020
    McGregor, Texas
    Many of us on the Hide have lost a loyal canine member of the family. For my family it was Kojak's number that came up. He was with us for 10 plus years and that damn cancer came for him and took him. He had been a constant companion for my wife during the last two years while she had been having her own health issues. Those issues for her are in the rear view mirror as of just a few days ago, so I guess he figured he had done his job and knew it was his time to rest. Attached is a poem that I have found to be comforting for me and I have shared with others while dealing with the same sense of loss. Everyone give their loyal companion an extra hug as Kojak loved his.

My Dog.jpg

Last edited:
    Pets in many ways can be more loyal than people and during times of sickness they do know when something's wrong with their owners and will stick by their side. While it may seem like Kojak is gone, he will be waiting for you when your number is up just like how all dogs wait with extreme patience for their owners to return home. RIP

Many of us on the Hide have lost a loyal canine member of the family. For my family it was Kojak's number that came up. He was with us for 10 plus years and that damn caner came for him and took him. He had been a constant companion for my wife during the last two years while she had been having her own health issues. Those issues for her are in the rear view mirror as of just a few days ago, so I guess he figured he had done his job and knew it was his time to rest. Attached is a poem that I have found to be comforting for me and I have shared with others while dealing with the same sense of loss. Everyone give their loyal companion an extra hug as Kojak loved his.

View attachment 8023272
    Do you have a pic or two of Kojak that you would be willing to post up ?

When the time is right for you of course.......:)

Many of us on the Hide have lost a loyal canine member of the family. For my family it was Kojak's number that came up. He was with us for 10 plus years and that damn caner came for him and took him. He had been a constant companion for my wife during the last two years while she had been having her own health issues. Those issues for her are in the rear view mirror as of just a few days ago, so I guess he figured he had done his job and knew it was his time to rest. Attached is a poem that I have found to be comforting for me and I have shared with others while dealing with the same sense of loss. Everyone give their loyal companion an extra hug as Kojak loved his.

View attachment 8023272
    Sorry to hear about the loss of Kojak. It’s a great blessing to have a loyal dog in your life and a harsh reminder of mortality when the leave you. Hold onto the wonderful memories of Kojak and know that someday you’ll see him again.

So sorry to hear that. Love the dogs you have even more. I lost my Best Canine Friend this year too. Rescued an American Mutt from the reservation. He's not the same, but he makes me smile every moment I spend with him. I hope you find room for another one in your heart and family.

Sorry to hear.

We said goodbye to the Sons dog this morning, 8 weeks after his other left us,
    First time in his life to be without a hairy mate.

Thankyou for the poem, it couldn't have come at a better time.

Rest in peace Kojak.

I lost my best friend and companion Hades 6 months ago and I'm still grieving. I hope you're handling it better than I did.

You have my sincere condolences for your loss.

Reactions: Jerry V
    Sucks to lose a pet for sure. Lost our Golden Retriever two years ago, she was 14 and had a great life.

Get back into another dog sooner than later. A good pet does more for the human soul than anything else in the world.

Heartfelt condolences bro,

Worst gut wrenching feeling in the world.

Prayers up for you and him