• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost my mind.....AIAWM .338

Sleeper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2008
Central, TX
Went to a local gun store today with no intention of buying a gun. I just went in for some powder honest. Thats when I saw the AI on a top shelf in the back. My heart skipped a beat, I had never seen one in person. The owner saw me looking and said "Thats a high dollar rifle." I said "I know. " On closer inspection I could see that the gun had a 1.0 stock, AI bipod, AI Accushot mono-pod, and picatinny rail. I asked the round count, the owner told me the guy only ordered four boxes of ammo for the rifle and one of those would go with the gun when sold. In a shaky voice I asked how much?.........too low........I couldn't speak.... He must have taken my pause to mean I was dissatisfied with the price. Next he said much too low out the door! Oh, and it comes with a case (Starlight, custom fit). I nearly pissed my self, couldn't get the checkbook out fast enough.....
laugh.gif
xeo31f.jpg

Re: Lost my mind.....AIAWM .338

Wives are easy you can get a new one tomorro., An AI, well that would take a bit longer.

By the way if she is like mine can be hope the couch is comfortable for HER to sleep on.

Brian

Now you have a bigger problem ........ buying ammo for the beast!
laugh.gif

I love mine! Just cant afford to shoot it very much.

Welcome to the AI club... I am willing to wager that you will not regret it. By the way, what kind of glass are you going to top it off with?

Sleeper:
If I can ask, where the heck did you get a deal like that. The stores I've been to always have overpriced stuff!

Just let her shoot it...
You'll be fine...

Now explaining the Glass...
that's gonna be fun...

Congratulations on a good deal. I found one last February for a great deal as well - you just have to be lucky. Welcome to the club!

Little gun store outside of Temple TX. Don't think they really knew what they had. Nothing tactical in the place.

Nicely done. I have an AWSM as well.

Cut

Wow, that is a nice find. Don't worry about the cost of ammo, just reload.

I would've at least asked if that was the best they could do

No divorce. Predict ass chewing, bitching, moaning, no sex,shitty attitude and stink eye for atleast 45 days.

Suggest no more gun purchases.

Also recommend covert scope purchase as well as reloading stuff.

If your wife is a shooter, you need to either get a promotion, give her about 5K in cash, take her on a cruise or buy her a new car.

Can't do the above? Target a gun in your for immediate sale.

Good luck. The gun guys are praying for you.

If you do nothing, you are toast.

No divorce. Predict ass chewing, bitching, moaning, no sex,shitty attitude and stink eye for atleast 45 days.

Suggest no more gun purchases.

Also recommend covert scope purchase as well as reloading stuff.

If your wife is a shooter, you need to either get a promotion, give her about 5K in cash, take her on a cruise or buy her a new car.

Can't do the above? Target a gun in your for immediate sale.

Good luck. The gun guys are praying for you.

If you do nothing, you are toast.

Actually guys, I must admit my wife was really cool about the whole thing. Not one complaint. She really is a good women
laugh.gif

Wife: So....how much was that one?

Me: What one?

Wife: That NEW one.

Me: That? Oh I have had that for awhile now.

Mentioning to my wife that I spent $4100 on a rifle without showing her the scar from the kidney I sold would be a sure route to an ass chewing.

Of course I am just a poor street cop, so an impulse buy of a 4K rifle is a wet dream.

I will however live vicariously through your detailed posts and pics that I am sure will come outline the performance of that magnificent find.

Good Job!!!

There is High Power match at your local club, Temple Gun Club, tomorrow. We are usually done at the 300 yard line around 1030, bring it out and infiltrate in the firing during the prone slow fire event and shoot a couple of rounds.

That's one hell of a find there. Just wondering what year that rifle was made? Just said that I got mine last year and that price was not enough to cover the basic rifle leave alone the options. Great find. You will love that stick. Now, you have to tell your wife the truth that your gun feeds on $5 dollars bill and not bullets.

Don't forget the range report.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully a S&B 5-25 Gen II XR Milrad with Seekins rings
smile.gif
</div></div>

Slug...but where would he find such a fine scope to spend part of the funds that he saved on his bargain rifle
wink.gif

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully a S&B 5-25 Gen II XR Milrad with Seekins rings
smile.gif
</div></div>

Why not the 1-piece dove tail AI mount? Dove the pic rail not unbolt?

Impulse purchases are the best!!
laugh.gif

Good luck with the rifle, I am confident you wont regret it, have been waiting for my AW .308 since early this year and expect delivery in 1 month from now (hopefully)

Thanks for the kudos! Looks like it's an 03, and yes it will wear a 5-25 S&B. Anybody know where to get ammo to feed the beast? Think I got the only box in this town.