• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost my shooting buddy.

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    RIP.

I’m in mourning. Lost my favorite shooting buddy. He will be hard to replace. Hundreds of rounds shared and countless prairie dogs slated. Hours upon hours of backroad miles where we could just drive in silence as I contemplated life or the universe. My soul aches. We could shoot in silence for hours. Never hearing a word. Or see another soul. Sometimes I would leave him on a ridge while I went down the valley for an hour or so only to crest the ridge and see him waiting for me with no complaints. Other times I would eat lunch and spill crap all over him and not clean it up for hours till we made it home. Never complained. One time it snowed so hard I had stop and just let him warm me back up. The hard throbbing vibration in my hands as we went became my safe space. Fond memories of bucking and screaming at times. He always brought me pleasure.

I sure will miss my Jeep.

Just sold it to my Nephew.

CC009F7D-0A39-49F7-8B2C-5F617545B29E.jpeg
    95569045-FCD7-4C99-ACBA-746C85A5C06A.jpeg
    E83E1FC6-0365-4F2F-B835-3D9FAB1C10F6.jpeg
    0C15B483-1B4C-4817-9D8D-C75BACBCAEEF.jpeg
    122A8F0F-CB39-4975-A9F8-B2F498C25350.jpeg
    ECFC3C4D-EC0F-43A4-923B-7BC35133B8AF.png

RIP.

I’m in mourning. Lost my favorite shooting buddy. He will be hard to replace. Hundreds of rounds shared and countless prairie dogs slated. Hours upon hours of backroad miles where we could just drive in silence as I contemplated life or the universe. My soul aches. We could shoot in silence for hours. Never hearing a word. Or see another soul. Sometimes I would leave him on a ridge while I went down the valley for an hour or so only to crest the ridge and see him waiting for me with no complaints. Other times I would eat lunch and spill crap all over him and not clean it up for hours till we made it home. Never complained. One time it snowed so hard I had stop and just let him warm me back up. The hard throbbing vibration in my hands as we went became my safe space. Fond memories of bucking and screaming at times. He always brought me pleasure.

I sure will miss my Jeep.

Just sold it to my Nephew.

Sounding very Brokeback Bronco, that last bit.

223b8e30580d028e894feb114bfa2791.jpg

Go, team!

I never understood how it was possible to become emotional over sheet metal.

That's crazy, man. I mean, at the end of the day, yeah, it's just raw materials, shaped by some amazing engineering and clever ingenuity. The thing is, though, that these things work together to present this one big thing... This amazing fucking thing... that'll let you, beer in hand, drop 'er into 4-lo, point her "that way", and say, "Let's go see what's over there."

All of that comes at a cost, as the places you go and things you see take a toll on her. Gotta get her naked sometimes and exchange some fluids. It's a relationship between man and machine.

It was my tractor/trailer/four wheeler with AC and cruise control. Lol

FIFY.

Don't forget the XJ will hold at least 3 grown ass adult men, 500+lbs of tools, and another 800+lbs of other shit, and still pull more shit on an actual trailer behind it.

I dunno about that cruise control/ABS bullshit, though. Mine is from before that time :p

• Haha
    Reactions: Bender
    Kind of liking the new Jeep Gladiator.

I went to my dealer to get an accessory for my Jeep as they were the cheapest source for a genuine MOPAR accessory (can you believe it). They had a couple of Gladiators there both loaded and both were $10K ABOVE MSRP

• Angry
    Reactions: Bender
    Damn Bender, if I knew you were selling this I have a bud a little west of you
    looking for a hunting rig just like this.

R

I seriously love the AX-15. I've dicked with a handful of other manual transmissions, but the AX-15 is just so.... fucking simple... and sturdy.

The damn thing takes 30 weight oil, ffs.

Highly recommend it.

It's a great transmission.... Easy to find parts for too

I went to my dealer to get an accessory for my Jeep as they were the cheapest source for a genuine MOPAR accessory (can you believe it). They had a couple of Gladiators there both loaded and both were $10K ABOVE MSRP

Yep, the new hot thing.

The look reminds me of the old Power Wagon.

I like it, looks fun for family beach trips and will make up for the loss of manhood suffered when Dad had to trade the F150 for the Honda Pilot.

Better to wait a year and buy a used Gladiator that has that burning oil smell, oil mist in the cabin that makes your eyes water, situation Chryslers generally exhibit.

Tried one for a while, then it became clear that JEEP stood for Just Expend Every Paycheck and it began to conflict with the acquisition of guns and ammo and it had to go ASAP. My current truck doesn't leave me scrambling for space, or force me to decide what to bring, what to leave, doesn't make me jump through hoops to fix a roof over my head if there is an early snowstorm, and should I ever get the hankerin' to drive one again I'll rent one for a day, and I'll be good for the next decade or so by the end of the day.