• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lot testing??

Hagen

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2017
Indiana
I am wanting to do some lot testing with different ammo. Who are some vendors that are good to deal with on that? I know killough has eley but was wanting to try some other brands.

I don't want to buy a bunch of different types of ammo and then not be able to get more of that lot. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

champion shooters...these guys are pretty good...usually have a decent stock and will check lot numbers for you...we have had great luck with SK pistol in the green box with several rifles....every 10/22 we have tried it in shoots light out and all but 1 bolt gun shoots it very well...ive also always had good luck with wolf match extra,wolf target and RWS rifle match in the cheaper ammos and lapua center X in the more expensive stuff...i just dont want to pay much over $10 a box....

http://www.championshooters.com/ind...ategory&virtuemart_category_id=185&Itemid=111

I was actually looking to try some special match. I got 5 lots of sk pistol match to try and right now at 50 yards best 2 are averaging .3s. Need a day without some wind to try 100 and 200. Like askin for a unicorn lately.

I was actually looking to try some special match. I got 5 lots of sk pistol match to try and right now at 50 yards best 2 are averaging .3s. Need a day without some wind to try 100 and 200. Like askin for a unicorn lately.

I bought a case of RWS Special Match from ANA year or two ago for my Anny 1907, for my Smallbore Prone shooting at 50 and 100y, and it's been very consistent, good value, etc.

Good luck with your lot testing. I live in Colorado and it's difficult to find a no-wind day to test. There are indoor 50/100 ranges around here but I just don't choose to have access.