• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lothar Walther .22 barrels , Rate them ?

gr8guns

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2019
Guys and gals, I have one Walther barrel, 457 drop in, shoots very well. I want to build another with the Bartlein barrel
but that seems to be unobtanium at the moment. I have one Bartlein, but Bartlein has farmed out production of the 457 drop in barrel to a shop in Tennessee, but they are always out of stock. I am just playing with the idea of rebarreling a Ruger Precision Rimfire, but I don't have a clue as brand of barrel to seek.
I have the T1X as a project to rebarrel as well. I have heard getting the T1X barrel out is a real pill. Experience on any of these would help.
I probably should just get a good high dollar Rim X or Voo Doo , but that is not a challenge for a twisted mind like mine .
The final question......if the tenon on a barrel and receiver is a tad loose, can it be made more rigid with a glue in ? What adhesive would work ?
would the tension of the retaining screws be enough to make the fit good ?

I have a Lothar Walther on my .257 Roberts and think it's great. Pencil barrel and happy puts 3 overlapping if I take my time. When my 9.3 gives out I'll go Lothar Walther with that..